Occupational Health & Safety/Rehabilitation Specialist - [Archived Advertisement]
The GEO Group Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
About The GEO Group Australia
We are the country's leading provider of outsourced correctional services, operating in NSW, QLD and VIC. GEO aims to deliver better corrections and create safer communities. We focus on providing a continuum of care and integration of services to make a real difference in the lives of the people we work with.
About Ravenhall Correctional Centre
Ravenhall Correctional Centre is a medium security men’s prison which opened in late 2017 in Ravenhall, Victoria.
Ravenhall will redefine the role of the modern prison. It’s unique design and service model provides an unprecedented emphasis on offender rehabilitation and reintegration. If you are motivated to work therapeutically to create successful outcomes for prisoners, Ravenhall is the place for you.
With a suite of over 25 treatment programs and opportunities for tailored and responsive individual intervention, Ravenhall’s Clinicians will be able to make a real difference in the lives of prisoners and their families.
About the Opportunity
We now have an opportunity for an Occupational Health and Safety/Rehabilitation Specialist to join our Human Resources team on a full-time basis. This role is based at the Ravenhall correctional facility and provides OHS&R services to approximately 600 employees spread across the Ravenhall site and the Community Reintegration Centre based in Richmond.
The OHS&R Specialist will coordinate, lead, plan and drive OH&S requirements within the workplace as well as manage the injury management/workers compensation portfolio. This position incorporates the facilitation, coordination and management of the successful return to work of injured workers in accordance with applicable legislation and Company policy, along with ensuring compliance of the OH&S Act (VIC) 2004 and the Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2013 (VIC).
Some of your other duties may include (but will not be limited to):
- Establishing and maintaining a Strategic Framework for the development of annual organisational Injury Management and Workers Compensation objectives and targets;
- Developing and driving an Injury Management and Workers Compensation strategy;
- Comply with Occupational Health and Safety requirements in accordance with relevant legislative requirements and contribute to the maintenance and improvement of safety in the workplace.
- Responding to requests and complaints in a timely manner seeking to resolve issues at the appropriate level;
- Coordinate and deliver Health & Safety Representative / OHS Committee meetings on a regular basis ensuring that action items are addressed and implemented accordingly;
- Developing and implementing rehabilitation and return to work plans for injured workers; and
- Developing and conducting educational and training programs for staff including health and safety reps in relation to occupational health and safety compliance and audit standards.
To view the full Position Description, go to: http://applynow.net.au/jobs/ni/103968
Joining GEO is an exciting chance to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of prisoners, their families and the community.
You will receive an attractive remuneration package circa $89,409plus super and professional development opportunities.
In addition, you'll enjoy free onsite parking, subsidised meals and access to the staff gym.
GEO provides ongoing supervision and professional development to ensure that employees continue to develop and grow while working at Ravenhall. We are committed to creating a positive working culture where all employees can work ethically and responsively to meet the needs of staff and prisoners, therefore promoting lasting positive change.
This is a rare opportunity to join an organisation that is dedicated to improving our communities. Don't wait - Apply Now!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Applications close at 5 pm, Friday 26 October 2018. For enquiries please contact Danielle Kozminski, HR Officer or Ana Cuchilla-Castillo, HR Officer on 03 8363 2658.
Please note: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted approximately 2-3 weeks following the closing date. Unsuccessful candidates will be contacted in due course
- Closing Date:
- 26 Oct 2018
- VIC - Ravenhall
- Circa $89,409 + super, subsidised meals and more
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Occupational Health and Safety