Research Scientist - Remote Sensing - [Archived Advertisement]
The Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (View other jobs from this organisation)
The Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR) was established on 1 January 2019 to ensure Victoria's strong economic performance by growing industries and regions. Here at DJPR, we're making sure Victoria's economy benefits all Victorians by creating more jobs for more people, building thriving places and regions and nurturing inclusive communities.
We are committed to building a culture where we say 'yes' to flexible work arrangements, provide personal and professional development programs and support ways of working that help employees balance work and life.
The department is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.
As part of the Machinery of Government changes announced by the Premier of Victoria, on 1 Jan 2019 DEDJTR transitioned into the Department of Transport (DoT) & the Department of Jobs, Precincts & Regions (DJPR).
RESEARCH SCIENTIST – REMOTE SENSING
- $84,019 – $95,329 (Plus Superannuation)
- Fixed Term, 3 years
- Usual hours of work: Full Time (flexibility may be available)
- Usual work location: Horsham (flexibility may be available)
We are offering a research role with a focus on designing and delivering remote sensing capability and innovation to grain production systems. You will have the opportunity to take the lead in implementing research, designing research projects, reporting on the work undertaken and producing scientific publications. You will work as part of a broader team of research and innovation specialists on large multi-disciplinary research programs, balanced with working independently to lead smaller, complex research projects. The position involves coordinating and supervising technical support staff and interacting with a broad range of stakeholders, including farmers, the agribusiness sector, and science and non-science communities.
This position requires –
- a degree in Agricultural Engineering, Engineering, Agricultural Science, Environmental Science, Science or an equivalent science qualification;
- ability to operate and maintain scientific equipment relevant to collecting proximal and remote sensing data;
- proficiency in the collection and management of large amounts of data, and sophisticated analysis;
- knowledge of cropping systems or plant growth and development under field conditions;
- the capacity to work within a team, supervise/train staff and students and coordinate data collections; and
- demonstrated ability to communicate to a range of stakeholders through writing scientific and technical papers and oral interactions
As part of the Machinery of Government changes announced by the Premier of Victoria, from 1 Jan 2019 DEDJTR transitioned into the Department of Transport (DoT) & the Department of Jobs, Precincts & Regions (DJPR). This position sits within the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR), in the Agriculture Victoria Group’s Agriculture Victoria Research Branch.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Glenn Fitzgerald, Senior Research Scientist – Grains Agronomy at email@example.com.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Records Check prior to commencing employment with the Department.
For further information on the position, and to apply, please go to www.careers.vic.gov.au and search on 020469.
Applications close at midnight on 12 May 2019 and must address the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description.
- Closing Date:
- 12 May 2019
- VIC - Horsham
- $84,019 - $95,329 (Plus Superannuation)
- Work Type: