Senior Social Worker
Forensicare (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Part-time, ongoing Senior Social Worker (SW3)
- Based in Ravenhall Correctional Centre
- Great salary packaging conditions and leave entitlements
- Free onsite parking
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria. Completed in 2017, the new medium-security men's prison is located in Ravenhall Correctional Centre in Melbourne's west, providing world-class forensic mental health services in Victoria in a purpose-built state of the art facility developed to international best practice standards.
About the role:
The Social Worker provides core areas of social work service provision particularly in relation to case management and program delivery to patients with complex needs, in the context of boundaries set by professional standards, legislative requirements, Forensicare policy and practice and departmental directives.
- Demonstrate highly developed skills in the delivery of high quality social work services to patients.
- Provide high-level consultation and advice to members of the multi-disciplinary team on social work and related issues.
- Demonstrate highly developed skills when completing psychosocial assessments of patients within the multidisciplinary team.
- Undertake structured family assessments, examining support structures and need for psycho or legal education and referral to specific community-based services.
- Develop and maintain consultative relationships with key stakeholders including RCC staff, other healthcare professionals, and external mental health, welfare, justice and social support agencies.
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrated commitment to mental health consumer recovery.
- Approved degree in Social Work, or other qualifications approved for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
- Extensive experience in a relevant social work setting.
- Significant knowledge of contemporary psychiatric treatment methods.
- A sound knowledge of legislation relevant to the target population.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high-level leadership, management and supervision of staff and students.
Mandatory qualifications & registrations:
- Approved degree in Social Work and eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
This position is subject to a Police Check.
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions.
- Excellent leave entitlements.
- Post-graduate scholarship programs.
- Ongoing training and full orientation.
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTQI, people with a lived experience of disability, as well as people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
- Closing Date:
- 23 Oct 2020
- VIC - Ravenhall
- Work Type:
- Part Time