Social Worker - [Archived Advertisement]
Forensicare (View other jobs from this organisation)
Leadership opportunity for a qualified Social Worker to work within Forensicare's Ravenhall Correctional Centre.
- Social Worker Grade 3
- Reference number 12654
- Full time ongoing
- Based in Ravenhall
- Great salary packaging conditions and leave entitlements
- Free onsite parking
Forensicare (the Victorian Institute of Forensic Mental Health) is the leading provider of forensic mental health services across Victoria. We deliver recovery-focused programs to consumers with serious mental illnesses across the Victorian justice system, mental health sector, and the community--from early intervention and prevention, to inpatient care, rehabilitation, and community transition support.
Our services are delivered through:
- Thomas Embling Hospital: a secure mental health hospital
- Prison mental health services throughout Victoria
- Community Forensic Mental Health Service
We also work in partnership with Swinburne University of Technology through the Centre for Forensic Behavioural Science to deliver a forensic mental health research program, specialist training, and ongoing professional education.
Completed in 2017, the new medium-security men's prison is located in Ravenhall Correctional Centre in Melbourne's west, providing world-class forensic mental health services in Victoria in a purpose-built state of the art facility developed to international best practice standards.
About the role:
Social workers aim to effective collaborate with individuals, family members/carers and a range of stakeholders to address criminogenic and offending -related needs, recovery and rehabilitation goals, cultural/spiritual and social needs and for individuals to progress through their inpatient stay, as well as addressing mental health and legal issues.
Social Workers commonly utilise structural, strengths-based and systemic practice traditions to address issues of power, access and equity. Our work in this field can be characterised by the ability to adjust to the constraints of courts, involuntary care settings and to continue to advocate for and with individuals and groups.
- Provide supported to the Lived Experience position in RCC
- Contribute to the key policy and program development projects within prison services, ensuring strong links to contribution to the organisation's corporate strategic plan.
- Undertake structured family assessment, examining support structure and need for psychosocial or legal education and referral to specific community-based services.
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrate highly developed skills when completing psychosocial assessments of patients within the MDT
- Hold the Aboriginal Service Officer and Cultural Portfolio
- Ability to undertake structured risk assessment of patients and develop risk management plan in consultation with the MDT
Mandatory qualifications & registrations:
- Approved degree in Social Work and eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions & leave entitlements
- Bonus payment for relevant postgrad qualifications
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including: Staff health service, Critical Incident Stress Management and Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is subject to a Police Check.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
Applications close 15th December 2019
- Closing Date:
- 15 Dec 2019
- VIC - Ravenhall
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Community/Social Services