Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 2 - [Archived Advertisement]
Forensicare (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Full-time, Ongoing
- Located in Melbourne’s Western Suburbs
- Free onsite parking
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria.
Forensicare is the provider of specialist Forensic Mental Health (FMH) Services at Port Phillip Prison of the 30 bed psychosocial rehabilitation unit, known as "St Paul's Unit".
This service is responsible for providing clinical support to three observation cells.
About the role:
The Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 2 delivers care within a custodial setting, practicing within a recovery framework and using sound judgement to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and maintain a high standard of patient care.
This position works with a multidisciplinary team to provide care and facilitate recovery through the use of evidence-based treatment approaches and participation in the delivery of therapeutic programs.
- Demonstrate initiative in the delivery of nursing care.
- Apply the recognised nursing competencies and psychiatric nursing standards of practice.
- Use an evidence based practice approach to nursing.
- Integrate security and therapeutic practices.
- Develop a therapeutic relationship that is respectful of the patient’s choices, experiences and circumstances. This involves building on strengths, holding hope and enhancing resilience to promote recovery.
Qualification, skills and experience:
- Hold a Postgraduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing or equivalent
- Possess current registration with AHPRA
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Demonstrated ability to undertake comprehensive nursing assessments of mentally ill patients, and to plan, implement and evaluate nursing interventions
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions
- Excellent leave entitlements
- Ongoing training and full orientation
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including: Staff health service, Critical Incident Stress Management and Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is subject to a Police Check.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
- Closing Date:
- 28 Sep 2018
- Work Type:
- Full Time