Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR) (View other jobs from this organisation)
The Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR) is the Victorian Government’s lead agency for creating the conditions to sustainably develop the Victorian economy and grow employment. Our role is to increase jobs, investment, exports and opportunities; stimulate innovation, competitiveness, and confidence; and support sustainability.
The Department is committed to building a culture where we say 'yes' to flexible work arrangements, and support ways of working that help employees balance work and home life. The Department is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.
The Department strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Department offers reasonable adjustments for applicants with disabilities on request.
- $82,574 – $93,689 (Plus Superannuation)
- Fixed Term, 3 years
- Usual hours of work: Full Time (flexibility may be available)
- Usual work location: Horsham (flexibility may be available)
As Research Agronomist, you will have the opportunity to develop innovative farming systems that deliver productivity improvements and environmental benefits to grain growing enterprises. You will lead the design and delivery of research projects, which requires the skills and knowledge to conduct, analyse and interpret field based agronomic trials.
The skills and knowledge required for appointment to this position include –
- a Degree in Agricultural Science, Agricultural Engineering, Engineering, Science or an equivalent science qualification;
- sound knowledge of cropping systems involving pulses;
- the interpersonal skills to work and collaborate with a range of stakeholders, and supervise and train staff;
- the ability to plan and prioritize team activities and available resources, including equipment, personnel and budgets;
- the ability to design and conduct research experiments and analyse data;
- capacity to operate field machinery and scientific equipment relevant to sowing, maintaining, sampling and harvesting trials; and
- proficiency in the operation of computer systems, data loggers and software programs.
The position of Research Agronomist is part of the Agriculture Victoria Research Division’s Plant Production Sciences Branch of the Employment, Investment and Trade Group.
For a confidential discussion, please call Jason Brand, Research Scientist – Pulse Agronomy, on 03 5362 2341 / mob: 0409 357 076.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Records Check prior to commencing employment with the Department.
For further information on the position, please see the attached position description. To apply, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Applications close at midnight on 22 July 2018 and must address the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description.
- Closing Date:
- 22 Jul 2018
- VIC - Horsham
- $82,574 - $93,689 (Plus Superannuation)
- Work Type:
- Full Time