Manager, Agricultural Production and Protection - [Archived Advertisement]
Department of Industry & Investment NSW (View other jobs from this organisation)
- 3 years, Full-time temporary employment role based the Hunter region
- Advisory and Technical Stream Grade 8. Total remuneration package negotiable from $131,848 pa including employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Unique opportunity to be the lead teams delivering agricultural extension and advisory programs in the Hunter region
About the Department
Local Land Services (LLS) works with land managers and the community to improve primary production within healthy landscapes. We help people make better decisions about the land they manage and assist rural and regional communities to be profitable and sustainable into the future. We connect people with groups, information, support and funding to improve agricultural productivity and better manage our natural resources.
Local Land Services is one statewide organisation offering integrated services, delivered regionally and tailored for each community, industry and landscape.
We work to develop:
- Resilient, self-reliant and prepared local communities
- Biosecure, profitable, productive and sustainable primary industries
- Healthy, diverse and connected natural environments
For more information about the Department click here to go to the Local Land Services website.
About the Role
The Manager, Agricultural Production and Protection will lead teams delivering agricultural extension and advisory, pest plants and animals, animal biosecurity and welfare, emergency management and travelling stock reserves services. As Manager you will lead the partnering with productive agriculture and other land managers to benefit their business, environment and community. The Manager participates in state level initiatives to coordinate and improve service delivery.
Key accountabilities include:
- Leading regional teams delivering agricultural extension and advisory services to regional agricultural businesses and other land managers to enhance their potential revenue and value proposition of their business.
- Ensuring productive partnerships with government and industry bodies to align research, development and extension efforts with local priorities
- Leading the resourcing, delivery, reporting and review of high quality integrated services across multiple locations or the Region, managing budgets and organisational resources, and undertaking risk management and business continuity planning
For more information about the role please contact the designated officer below, alternatively click here to view the role description.
To be considered for this role it is essential that you have expertise in collaboration and team leadership; business management and development; sustainable and commercial agriculture sector experience; managing and developing people; extension; partnership development; project and contract management; community engagement; collaboration and multi-disciplinary team leadership; communication and facilitation.
Applying for the Role:
Applicants should address in a cover letter [maximum 2 pages] with regards to the requirements of the role, as well as supplying an updated copy of their resume [maximum 5 pages] with relevant skills and experience.
Part of the assessment process may include additional online capability testing, skills testing or work samples in accordance with the new Government Sector Employment Act 2013; therefore you may be contacted to participate. For more information regarding capability based assessment techniques, please read the article below:
Closing Date: 18 Julye 2017
Enquiries Person: Brett Miners 0427 346 263
Applications must be lodged electronically. Applications submitted via email will not be accepted. A talent pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing and temporary roles of the same standard that may become available for filling over the next twelve months.
The NSW Department of Industry is an inclusive workplace which promotes diversity and encourages flexible working arrangements.
- Closing Date:
- 18 Jul 2017
- NSW - Paterson
- Package negotiable from $131,848 pa
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Natural Resource Management