Play a key role in the planning and delivery of urban renewal precincts within the City of Melbourne
$89,674 plus 9.5% Superannuation
Maximum Term Contract to 31 December 2021
We are the City of Melbourne, a place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
This position is responsible for providing high quality professional strategic, creative and spatial design expertise and advice, developing and contributing to strategies, masterplans, structure plans, infrastructure contributions plans, planning policy and projects that shape the city and their implementation. In doing this, you will:
- Manage branch projects to deliver them on time, on budget and to the agreed quality,
- Support senior team members to deliver projects,
- Work collaboratively with other team members whether in a lead or a support role,
- Undertake research and provide support to the branch regarding these projects and other strategic planning tasks relevant to the city, and
- Participate in programs for continuous improvement of the way the branch works to improve the quality and productivity of the branch.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in urban planning and urban design or a related field and experience in the planning and design of urban renewal projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of Victorian planning system and relevant legislation, and range of issues impacting upon capital city strategic planning and urban renewal from a local government context
- Demonstrated ability to lead, plan and manage projects and tasks, and to implement projects on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships and work collaboratively with various stakeholders with divergent views, successfully negotiating to achieve target outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in developing creative and innovative solutions to problems including the ability to conceptualise future opportunities and to develop and assess various scenarios and alternative policy outcomes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrated experience in communicating in a variety of forums and media.
- High level computer skills including the proficient in the use and application of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and ability to employ graphics tools for analysing, devising and communicating strategy and policy with maps, plans and diagrams, and ability to apply Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
How to apply…
Please apply via the City of Melbourne Careers Page, link below.
City of Melbourne - Mercury eRecruit
Please address your covering letter to Sarah Lowcock, Team Leader City Planning, City Strategy
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm, 12 April 2021
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact email@example.com
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.