We are looking for someone to deliver exceptional Ticketing and Front of House services for Creative City audiences
$64,783 plus 9.5% Superannuation plus 20% shift allowance
Maximum Term Contract to 17 December 2021
We are the City of Melbourne, a place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
Reporting to the Public Engagement and Front of House Operations Manager, Creative City, your responsibilities as the Ticketing and House Supervisor will be to deliver exceptional Ticketing and House services to ensure the visitor experience is safe, seamless and reflects the vision of Arts House. In this role, you are the face of Arts House during performance seasons, which may take place daytimes, evenings or weekends. Outside of performance seasons, the role will work office hours.
In your role as the Ticketing and House Supervisor you will be required to deal with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders on behalf of Council and the Arts Melbourne Branch to gain support for and further the objectives of the City of Melbourne and specifically the Arts House program.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Provide exceptional ticketing and house services to deliver a great experience for all visitors.
• Supervise Ticketing and House staff to ensure procedures regarding show and customer service protocols are delivered to a high standard.
• Operate ticketing system and customer databases, bookings and ticket sales outlets.
• Operate and supervise box office and bar during events.
• Supervise and assist with set up and clean up of events.
• Work in collaboration with all teams and external users to meet ticketing and house requirements.
• Perform venue inductions for staff, contractors and visitors as required.
• Fulfil all relevant compliance obligations and training, including Emergency Evacuation, OHS and Risk Management, RSA and Food Handling certification.
• Perform Safety Warden duties to ensure the safety of audiences during performances and events as required.
• Monitor after-hours access and security protocols when on an evening or weekend roster.
This is a great opportunity for you to bring your strong customer service and can-do attitude to this exciting and rewarding role where no two days are the same.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
• Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
• Demonstrated experience working in Ticketing and House operations.
• Frontline customer service experience including delivering bar services and understanding of the requirements of bar stock control.
• Experience in delivering ticketing and Box Office services, including electronic ticketing.
• Demonstrated experience in staff supervision.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of Occupational Health and Safety, manual handling procedures, risk management and safety warden and induction procedures.
• Hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol Victorian Certificate and a Food Handling Certificate or willing to obtain.
• Previous experience performing Safety Warden duties.
• Hold a current drivers licence (highly desirable)
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
How to apply…
Please apply for the position via the City of Melbourne Careers Page, link below.
City of Melbourne - Mercury eRecruit
Please address your covering letter to Ian McAnally, Public Engagement and Front of House Operations Manager, Creative City
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Wednesday 24 February 2021
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits.
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.