$77,352 + 3% Allowance + 9.5% Superannuation
Temporary to 9 April 2020
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
You will work as part of a small team to provide high-level customer service in the delivery of animal management services to the community. These services are provided both through the education of the community on responsible pet ownership and through administration of Council’s functions under the provisions of the Domestic Animals Act 1994 and delivery of the Council’s Domestic Animal Management Plan.
As a vital and dynamic team within City of Melbourne's On-street Compliance Services Branch, all employees strive to deliver an efficient, effective and consistent enforcement of animal management compliance while actively promoting understanding of animal management, for the safety and benefit of our community and visitors to our City.
Reporting into the Senior Animal Management Officer and Animal Management Coordinator, you will be a part of a vital and dynamic team within City of Melbourne's On-street Compliance Services Branch. To be successful in this role you will be required to bring your high level customer service skills and can-do approach to this role where you will strive to deliver an efficient, effective and consistent enforcement of animal management compliance while actively promoting understanding of animal management, for the safety and benefit of our community and visitors to our City.
This role would ideally suit someone who is able to work non-standard hours as required and who likes keeping active whilst working outdoors all year round.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Certificate IV Local Government (Statutory Enforcement) or (Animal Regulation and control) or equivalent industry experience
- Excellent conflict resolution skills, including the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
- Demonstrated ability to apply relevant legislation and corporate procedures and policies
- Proven ability to prepare reports to a high standard of accuracy and detail including briefs of evidence, legal documentation and correspondence
- Initiative and innovation to establish own work priorities within operational constraints
- Animal handling skills
- Knowledge and experience in animal management
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
- respond to the following application questions which will appear as part of the online application form:
- Do you have a current valid Victorian drivers licence?
- What do you believe you could bring to this position?
- How would you describe yourself and the way you work?
Please address your covering letter to Lincoln Wade, Senior Animal Management Officer
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.