$127,641 + 9.5% Superannuation
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
You will lead the Open Space Planning Team in the delivery of open space planning and green infrastructure development and advocacy to City of Melbourne. As a key member of the City’s Urban Sustainability Branch Leadership team, the position also contributes to the strategic direction of the branch.
The team undertakes strategic planning and management of our green open spaces to provide multiple community services and environmental outcomes. These include enhancing urban ecosystems for community health and wellbeing and planning and nurturing a quality open space network that encourages participation. The team also leads the strategic implementation of green infrastructure throughout the municipality, including several initiatives to accelerate greening on private property.
The ideal candidate will have a background in a similar role or related field, strong leadership experience especially in team development, and excellent project management skills.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Proven ability to lead, develop and motivate a team
- Personal commitment to ensuring the team embraces EEO and diversity principles
- Demonstrated ability to conceive and develop imaginative, contextually responsive and technically advanced park and open space planning strategies and project designs
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage complex projects and tasks, and to implement projects on time and to budget
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and transfer skills to other team members
- Ability to plan and manage complex projects and tasks, and manage community consultation processes.
- Demonstrated understanding of standard contracts and legal documents used in the industry, and of financial management practices for project delivery
- Post-graduate qualification or other substantive evidence of professional development in a relevant discipline
- Understanding of heritage conservation issues and principles, and demonstrated ability to work creatively within a context where heritage conservation is of concern.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers, reference no 14473.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter
- respond to the selection criteria, in a separate document (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to David Callow, (Acting) Manager Urban Sustainability
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.