Research Communications and Liaison Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Cancer Council Victoria (View other jobs from this organisation)
Manage the production of professional written communication material that supports and enhances research productivity
About your environment
Cancer Council Victoria has been leading efforts against cancer since 1936 through world leading research, prevention, support and advocacy programs. The purpose of the Cancer Epidemiology and Intelligence Division (CEID) is to progress the cancer control objectives of the Cancer Council by developing and maintaining high quality resources for epidemiological research and to maintain national and international recognition for excellence in epidemiological research and scholarship.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Research Communications and Liaison Officer to join the CEID. Reporting to the Department Manager, your role is to:
- Provide writing and editorial assistance for the development of high quality, consistent and user friendly written communication products.
- Contribute to the writing and editing of grant applications and applications to Human Research Ethics Committees, enhancing readability and effectiveness
- Act as contact for internal and external stakeholders seeking to collaborate with CEID researchers using the research program resources
- Provide administrative support to the CEID management team as required, particularly in regard to liaison with, and management of administrative relationships with, the CEID’s principal consortia
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline with demonstrated experience in a research setting providing writing and editorial expertise
- A self-motivated team player with exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders
What we can offer you
This full-time fixed term position for 12 months provides a salary within range $56,400 - $62,420 pa plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
To apply and for more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity visit www.cancervic.org.au/about/careers to download a Position Description and the Key Selection Criteria and forward your full application (cover letter, resume and completed Key Selection Criteria document) to email@example.com. For more information contact Suzi Neumann on (03) 9514 6276 or Roger Milne on 9514 6293.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, a National Police Check
Applications close 19 February 2017
- Closing Date:
- 19 Feb 2017
- VIC - Melbourne
- $56,400 - $62,420 pa plus benefits
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Communications, Engagement & Facilitation