WaterNSW is Australia’s largest water supplier and a leader in developing infrastructure solutions for water supply security and reliability.
Our expert staff manage 42 large dams and all operational activities related to rural customer interactions including the management of groundwater, regulated and unregulated water across NSW. We deliver water from our dams, pipelines and the State’s rivers for agriculture and drinking water supply customers.
Two thirds of water used in NSW is supplied by WaterNSW. We also protect the health of drinking water catchments that supply among the highest quality water in the world.
Currently, WaterNSW is looking for an experienced Maintenance Officer - Mechanical to be based at Warragamba Dam.
Located about 65 kilometres west of Sydney in a narrow gorge on the Warragamba River, Warragamba Dam is one of the largest domestic water supply dams in the world. Warragamba Dam supplies water to more than 3.7 million people living in Sydney and the lower Blue Mountains.
About the position…
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dedicated maintenance team working on water infrastructure assets and river systems. You will be responsible for:
- ensuring all activities are undertaken with the safety of people as the number one priority and at all times role modeling safe behaviour
- undertaking operational maintenance tasks and minor works to assist in the delivery of the preventative maintenance program; providing an initial analysis and potential improvements
- undertaking dam surveillance, water quality sampling, on-site water delivery operations on water storage and distribution assets and service related functions to complete operational requirements
- ensuring maintenance and service of water infrastructure, river systems and is completed in accordance with trade compliance, business requirements and good practice
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Mechanical Trade qualifications
- experience undertaking trade disciplines
- demonstrated experience or experience relating to undertaking maintenance, monitoring and operations of water infrastructure and associated services
- demonstrated ability to work as a team member, set up and lead small work groups or fill in for specific activities and relieving team roles
Remuneration & benefits
Attractive conditions including a base salary starting from $59,116 applies working a 9 day fortnight. For further information on the position please contact Rod Ruming on 0407 453 020 and view the position description.
To apply please complete your personal details and submit your cover letter, resume and a copy of your trade certificate below.
Closing date: Sunday, 21 May 2017