Metro is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance feel comfortable to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world class railway service.
As the Level Crossing Removal Project continues to deliver a safer and more efficient train network, the Metro team involved in this large-scale project is expanding to respond to current and future works. The experience gained in this exciting, multi-disciplinary environment will be valuable to building your career in rail construction.
Our high performing Western Program Alliance team have a opportunity for a experienced Rail Safety Co-Ordinator to join the team across the Cranbourne Line Upgrade project.
Your role as Rail Safety Coordinator is to ensure the safe and successful delivery of the program by providing effective safeworking leadership and supervision for Track Protection matters for the construction program of the Cranbourne Line Upgrade Project within the Western Program Alliance. This role has a key focus in ensuring construction activities occurring within the rail corridor do not have an adverse impact upon train operations as well as being conducted safety for all alliance employees and contractors.
Job description:Key Responsibilities:
Desired Qualification, Skills and Experience
- To provide support to the Rail Safety Manager in managing aspects on the implementation of Rail Safety Plans, Business Plans and Alliance policies and procedures
- Interface between Project Planners and In-Field Safeworkers to ensure constancy, quality, compliance and efficient delivery of works
- Responsible for documentation, including Safeworking rosters, Agreed Protection Plans, Daily Reports, Safeworking Work Packs and Daily Resource Spreadsheets
- Provide in-field supervision to ensure appropriate systems, procedures and processes are being implemented
- Conduct regular Rail safety Compliance Inspections and high risk audits in line with the scope of works utilising appropriate systems and procedures
- Set up Track Force Protection, Absolute Occupations with multiple workgroups, Lookout protection and receive a PTWN when required
- Management of incidents, reporting into MTM INX system and completing any actions as required
- Review of planned works in the Rail Corridor and completes RSWHA’s to ensure correct method of protection selected
- Attend daily/weekly planning meetings and liaising with internal/external stakeholders
- Qualification in Track Force Protection 3.1, 3.2 or 3.3
- Previous experience working in and around rail electrical assets
- Knowledge of MTM HV rules and processes
- Permit to Work near recipient (advantageous)
- Effective communication skills with all levels of management, stakeholders and contractors
- Proven ability to make effective decisions within a live safety environment
Why work for Metro?
- Our ongoing involvement in the exciting pipeline of major rail projects
- Career development support and opportunities to learn new skills within a multi-disciplinary environment
- A collaborative team of passionate people who are dedicated to delivering projects that improve the safety and reliability of Melbourne’s rail network
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters. If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Please submit your application via our recruitment portal by Friday 30th of October, 2020 to be considered for this position.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this positionsition.