Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of high performing talented professionals who are safety and delivery focused, and are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. We are passionate about promoting work/life balance so our people feel comfortable to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world class railway service.
Due to MTM’s rapid growth in the Projects team, we are currently looking for a dynamic Senior Communications Advisor to help support and drive communication to over 800 dedicated staff. The role will be on a 12-month Max-Term Contract.
Reporting into the GM – Communications & Engagement, the Senior Communications Advisor is responsible for designing and leading a robust internal communications strategy as well as driving critical improvement projects to embed communications efficiencies and standardisation across the Division.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide support to the General Manager, Communications and Engagement - Projects and Executive Director Projects in relation to internal communications and staff engagement, behaviour change and organisational culture, applying industry best practice and proven methodologies.
- Lead and/or contribute to initiatives, frameworks and strategies that build enduring and productive relationships with Projects staff, through effective communication, engagement and collaboration.
- Coordinate and deliver initiatives to drive efficiencies, standardisation and continuous improvement within the Project Communications team.
- Support the broader Metro Projects’ Communications Team in managing and leading Officers/Advisors, including providing technical guidance and oversight, as well as assisting with resource planning.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, public relations, communications or equivalent field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in communications and engagement
- Demonstrated experience in delivering innovative solutions to complex challenges
- Experience in delivering strategic and tactical internal communication programs and events
- Demonstrate expertise in creating and deploying content across multiple platforms
- Proven ability to deliver a range of communications materials for different audiences.
- Strong negotiation, relationship-building and issues resolution skills.
This is a fantastic and high profile opportunity to build on the career you have developed to date and be part of the legacy that ‘connects people and places for a growing Melbourne’.
If what you have read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then please submit your application by COB 14th August 2020. We will NOT be accepting any agency submissions during this time.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.