Metro is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance feel comfortable to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world class railway service.
Are you interested in joining Metro Trains Melbourne’s (MTM’s) project team who are involved in multibillion dollar city-shaping infrastructure projects? Can you bring your wealth of Risk & Compliance experience to help us support the delivery of the Metro Tunnel Project – Victoria’s biggest rail infrastructure project?
If the answer is "Yes", keep reading!
About the Project
The Metro Tunnel Project is being delivered in three work packages, with a program level team assisting each package – Rail Projects Victoria Program (RPVP). The three work packages are: Rail Systems Alliance, Rail Infrastructure Alliance and the Tunnels and Stations Public Private Partnership. This role is within the: RPVP team, reporting directly to the Systems Assurance Lead.
About the role:
In this role you will be responsible for providing the necessary level of project assurance to ensure the program and package remains compliant with relevant MTM SMS safety, environmental and quality requirements through the delivery of the RPVP audit program, compliance inspections and data / trend analysis. As part of the role, you will:
- Thrive in a fast paced project environment and will utilise project management skills to plan Metro resources to ensure risk and assurance activities are undertaken on time with a quality outcome that support the Delivery Program
- Develop, rollout and monitor the risk and audit elements of the Projects Assurance Framework (PAF) for RPVP
- Develop the RPVP Integrated audit program to maintain the integrity of the MTM Management System and to ensure system compliance with applicable MTM standards
- Work collaboratively to support the packages and Systems Integration Team in their delivery of an MTM compliant solution
- Develop the necessary assurance that risk controls are in place and effective, and that the program and package are compliant to all relevant laws and regulations applicable to safety, environment, risk and quality.
- Plan and conduct (as required) various audit assignments in accordance with the annual audit plan
- Identify and communicate areas of non-conformance, potential system improvements, and other initiatives via audits, investigations, and data / trend analysis
- Monitor and ensure that corrective actions are undertaken are completed within appropriate timeframes
- Responsible for continuous improvement in the area of SERQ reporting systems to better enable the project to fulfil its obligations.
- Develop and maintain a risk-based compliance regime, encompassing the whole of business approach (i.e. integration of divisional compliance activities)
- Ensure that any improvement opportunity identified by an external party (including regulators) are appropriately monitored and closed out.
About your experience:
To be successful you will be required to demonstrate the following experience and capability:
- Tertiary qualification in Quality Management, Engineering, Science or relevant discipline; formal Audit qualifications would be highly preferred.
- Demonstrate experience delivering projects in a position responsible for the compliance of a significant program of works
- Previous experience in the rail safety industry with a design and construction context will be viewed preferably
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, balanced with the ability to interpret and adhere to legislative and regulatory requirements will see you succeed in the role
About the opportunity:
This is a fantastic permanent opportunity to build on the career you’ve developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters. You will have the opportunity to influence the future of the railway, to gain expertise across the entirety of the project, and become a transversal subject matter expert for the project.
- Progressive organisation with a One Team One Metro mantra
- Permanent opportunity with a supportive team working on a city-shaping project
- Free Public Transport throughout Victoria
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters. If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.