Are you interested in joining Melbourne’s Suburban Passenger Railway Operator and be involved in positively changing the life and welfare every day? What about bringing your skills and experience to help keeping Melbourne as the most liveable city in the world? If the answer is "Yes", keep reading!Metro’s culture:
Metro is a multi-award winning organisation
and we pride ourselves on our team of honest,
high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety
focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, progressive and providing real work/life balance
to their employees.
Metro being a Registered Training Organisation will ensure you are supported and encouraged to develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed.About the role:
Our Office of the Chief Engineer, Rollingstock division is currently looking for a Rolling Stock Fleet Systems Engineer. You will act in one of a number of roles that is responsible for governance of aspects of Rolling Stock delivery and configuration changes by the General Manager - Rolling Stock. In the role you will be expected to act in a manner, which is supportive and collaborative, whilst maintaining consistency and rigor to processes and standards.
As the Rolling Stock Fleet Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for governance of all aspects of on/off-train and cross-platform sub-systems for the MTM fleet, to improve reliability, availability, maintainability and safety. This includes reviewing Engineering changes and maintenance processes.Key Responsibilities of the role:
The role is responsible for the introduction and support of new and existing sub-systems and technologies to the train fleet, including on-train monitoring equipment, and the seamless introduction of these systems into the maintenance practices and methodology.
You will develop and implement the configuration and maintenance changes, including special works programs and provide high-level technical support to maintenance personnel in performing maintenance tasks and diagnostics. You will also be responsible for but not limited to;
About your experience:
- Facilitate the efficient delivery of Rolling Stock Maintenance and Projects and undertake the review of internal technical queries from within the MTM business in regard to Rolling Stock matters
- Provide supervision, leadership and professional guidance of engineering and technical staff
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, statutory obligations, regulations, MTM policies and standards and the Asset Management strategies and plans
- Review non-conformances with the design standards or the operational requirements and provide the Chief Engineer and Head of Engineering - Rolling Stock with recommendations on acceptability.
- Ensure that the development, preparation and evaluation of longer-term and capital projects comply with MTMs objectives for Rolling Stock on the MTM Lease and incorporate the latest data pertaining to reliability, availability, maintainability and supportability (RAMS) in the analysis of designs and documentation
- Investigate operational and maintenance incidents to identify both root causes and significant contributory factors of the incident, and propose recommendations and solutions to those causes and factors.
- Advise and support the Head of Engineering – Rolling Stock on the procurement and engagement of technical specialists for special projects, the introduction and monitoring of new technology, training and other technical support, including evaluation and type test approvals
- Ensure the Rolling Stock specifications, designs and standards are fit for purpose
- Provide technical advice on Rolling Stock equipment and sub-systems to other senior managers/divisions and external parties with participation in risk assessments for Rolling Stock and other disciplines
- Participate in regular performance reviews pertaining to this position
- Act as MTMs champion and key contact point for all technical and safety aspects of on-train/cross-platform and off-train sub-systems
- From time-to-time project manage special projects at the discretion of the Head of Engineering – Rolling Stock
- Lead and encourage collaboration across business units with the aim of producing an effective train service that exceeds customer expectations
First and fore mostly, you need to care about people and the railway. You bring technical experience within a large and complex safety investigations environment (preferably rail) and confidently demonstrate:
- Relevant Engineering/Technical Degree or equivalent
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering is essential
- Certifications in ICAM, Reliability Centred Maintenance training and Investigation are highly desirable
- Minimum 5 years knowledge and experience working on modern Rolling Stock including maintenance practices
- Knowledge of modern Electronic system Development and management
- Experience in the introduction of new sub-systems and their integration retrospectively to Rolling Stock
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff (verbal and written)
- Ability to follow occupational health, safety and environmental procedures in the rail industry
- Ability to identify and analyse risks, and make corrective actions
- Ability to schedule work priorities to ensure deadlines are strictly adhered to
- Sound understanding of Asset Management system and requirements of ISO 55001
- Ability to contribute to the development of Asset Management Strategies, Asset Class Strategies, Risk Assessments and Audits of Asset management system
- Be able to effectively manage Stakeholders and Contractors as required.
- Ensure key deliverables and KPIs are managed and reported effectively.
Additionally, you value the importance of teamwork and listening, challenging your peers and making a difference. You confidently bring innovation to the table. You have the agility to engage with a variety of stakeholders, fostering positive working relationships and communicating technical data at all levels. You also have the ability to manage multiple priorities while remaining focused on excellence.
You will be backed by an engaged leadership team who has an absolute focus on innovation including digitalisation and who will foster a customer service centric environment. This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you! Please submit your application by COB Friday 25th August 2017.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.