Asset Safety Assurance & Compliance Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
Yarra Trams (View other jobs from this organisation)
Asset Safety Assurance & Compliance Advisor
About this job
Keolis Downer is the proud operator of Yarra Trams, the oldest and largest light rail network in the world. Since 2009, Keolis Downer has significantly invested in Melbourne’s tram network and community. In September last year, the Victorian Government awarded Keolis Downer the contract to run Yarra Trams until at least 2024. This is an exciting time for the team at Yarra Trams as we begin delivery of our new franchise term.
In the next seven years we will continue to bring our local and international expertise to ensure we continue to deliver even better, safer, more reliable passenger services and performance, while increasing the value of the tram network for Melburnians and the thousands of visitors to our city every day.
To deliver on these exciting new challenges, Yarra Trams requires the services of an experienced Safety Assurance Advisor to support asset risk management and compliance requirements for our technical functions.
What the role entails
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Safety Assurance Advisor to provide assurance and support for our asset risk management regime, working closely with the Project Management Office (PMO). Reporting to the Manager, Safety Improvement - Technical, the role involves:
- Providing subject matter expert input into corporate safety systems and embedding safety into complex Infrastructure and Rolling Stock projects;
- Assessing risks, analysing them and putting together treatment plans;
- Identifying, investigating, implementing, and reporting on corrective actions to avert unsafe working standards and practices;
- Developing and delivering processes to review and improve current maintenance activities, targeting efficient and effective outputs;
- Providing an internal monitoring, audit and analysis role to ensure appropriate application and delivery of reliability targets;
- Managing Maximo and Pass Assets compliance issues and liaising with the technical functions to provide support and solutions.
What you will need for this role
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant engineering or safety discipline or equivalent and extensive proven experience in transport or other high risk industry within a multi-functional organisation;
- Industry-body recognition, eg Chartered Professional Engineer status, Project Management Professional, or other equivalents;
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of process management, asset management and reliability concepts;
- Demonstrable experience in leading reliability and process improvement initiatives;
- Strong communication and persuasive skills to deal effectively internally and externally at the most senior levels;
- Well-developed strategic and operational planning skills;
- Competence in the use of MS Office applications and IBM Maximo;
- Competence in the application of industry standard reliability and process improvement tools, eg RCA, RCM, Lean Six Sigma.
Interested? To apply for this vacancy, please visit our careers website at http://jobs.yarratrams.com.au and complete an online application form. Only completed online application forms will be accepted.
Applications close: 27th March
- Closing Date:
- 27 Mar 2018
- VIC - Melbourne
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Occupational Health and Safety