Advisor, Safety - Infrastructure - [Archived Advertisement]
Yarra Trams (View other jobs from this organisation)
Advisor, Safety - Infrastructure
About this job
Keolis Downer is the proud operator of Yarra Trams, the oldest and largest light rail network in the world. Since 2009, Keolis Downer has significantly invested in Melbourne’s tram network and community. In September this year, the Victorian Government has awarded Keolis Downer the contract to run the Yarra Trams until at least 2024. This is an exciting time for the team at Yarra Trams as we begin delivery of our new franchise term.
In the next seven years we will continue to bring our international expertise to Melbourne to ensure we continue to deliver even better, safer, more reliable passenger services and performance, while increasing the value of the tram network for Melburnians and the thousands of visitors to our city every day.
To deliver on these exciting new challenges, Yarra Trams requires the services of a Safety Advisor to Coordinate the delivery of safety initiatives and provide specialist advice to improve safety performance at Yarra Trams.
What the role entails
This is an exciting opportunity for a safety conscious individual to advise and ensure continual improvement of Infrastructure Function’s safety performance in order to minimise operational risk and enhance operational performance. Reporting to the Manager, System Safety & Risk, the role involves:
- Coordinating Infrastructure safety campaigns from design through to implementation;
- Creating Reports and providing data analysis of incidents to determine trends, supported by the Safety and Environment function;
- Providing and coordinating advice during risk assessments for the respective departmental and team risks;
- Conducting audits, in coordination and preparation with line managers, to monitor compliance of legal obligations; OHS, rail, energy, and road to satisfy safety requirements;
- Specialist safety recommendations and advice to on-going improvements of corrective action tools, techniques and methodologies;
- Recommend and provide advice in the development and delivery of localised training programs to address significant risk areas.
What you will need for this role
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications (Diploma level minimum) in a relevant Health, Safety or Environment discipline with proven experience and practise;
- Relevant experience in a Rail or Electrical Power Generation and Distribution environment with relevant professional electrical qualifications;
- Extensive proficiency in managing and leading safety investigations;
- Demonstrable experience in the application and understanding of relevant Occupational Health and Safety, Electrical Safety and Rail Safety Legislation;
- Expertise in the conduct of; risk assessments; corrective actions and audits; investigations;
- Excellent time management and task prioritisation capabilities, with an ability to meet deadlines and manage pressure;
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining compliance with legislation, standards or a similar discipline.
Interested? To apply for this vacancy, please visit our careers website at http://jobs.yarratrams.com.au and complete an online application form. Only completed online application forms will be accepted.
Applications close: 29 March 2018
- Closing Date:
- 29 Mar 2018
- VIC - Melbourne
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Occupational Health and Safety