Mental Health Counsellors - [Archived Advertisement]
Relationships Australia WA (View other jobs from this organisation)
Mental Health Counsellors
Mental Health Counsellors (2 to 5 days per week)
Contract Positions until 30 June 2021
headspace provides a comprehensive early intervention mental health service for 12 to 25 year olds. We endeavour to make it as easy as possible for a young person and their family to get the help they need for issues affecting their wellbeing.
headspace Bunbury is operated by Relationships Australia WA, a leading non-government provider of professional relationship services, offering a range of counselling, case management, group work and community education services to individuals and families.
We are seeking two (2) Counsellors to be part of the multidisciplinary clinical support team based at the headspace Bunbury. The Counsellor is responsible to effectively engage young people with the headspace service. They will be able to provide psycho-social assessments and clinical interventions where required. The Counsellor is one of the first points of contact for young people in accessing therapeutic services and will need to build rapport with a wide range of young people, as well as their friends and families.
- Tertiary qualifications in Counselling, Social Work, Psychology and/or Social Sciences
- Experience in working with young people affected by mental health issues
- Knowledge and skills in working with people in crisis and in managing people with complex presentations
- Experience in individual counselling as well as family counselling
- Demonstrated ability to work in a professional, respectful and inclusive way with other team/staff members
- Proven experience in working with a wide variety of people from diverse backgrounds, including cultural sensitivity and cross-culture communication.
- Proven ability to adhere to clinical and ethical work standards.
- Knowledge, skills and understanding to facilitate psychosocial groups
Our staff are supported through regular professional supervision and generous ongoing professional development.
If you are interested in these positions or would like more information, please first email firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you then have further questions, contact Marie Eckersley on 08 6164 0608, select Option #1 (Bunbury).
Applicants should submit a covering letter and a current CV with details of two professional referees to the above email address.
Please note, we will only contact applicants who are offered an interview.
Applications close Wednesday 2 December 2020.
- Closing Date:
- 02 Dec 2020
- WA - Bunbury
- Work Type:
- Part Time