About Tourism and Events Queensland
Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) is the State’s lead tourism marketing, event and experience development agency with a vision of Inspiring the World to Experience the Best Address on Earth. TEQ is committed to working collaboratively with key stakeholders to grow tourism and events across Queensland.
About the role
The Accounts Officer maintains the debtor and creditor subsidiary ledgers and prepares and processes accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions for TEQ’s Australian and international operations.
This part time position is for 2 days per week (Thursday and Friday) and is temporary until 19 April 2019.
- Process and validate accounts payable and accounts receivable in accordance with TEQ’s policies and procedures in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain creditor and debtor subsidiary ledgers and other relevant balance sheet accounts, including reconciling them on a monthly basis and follow up of outstanding items
- Provide advice and support to ensure accurate accounts processing and process corrections
- Continually identify process improvements and efficiencies for accounting and financial related policies and procedures
Skills and experience
- Tertiary degree in Business or Commerce with a major in Accounting
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and speed
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders in a professional and proactive manner
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft suite of applications, in particular Excel
- Demonstrated success in providing consistent and exceptional customer service
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate and prioritise tasks
TEQ’s Finance team is a high performing team that guides and supports the organisation’s global network ensuring that financial management meets practical business needs and is compliant and that finance services are optimised.
- Build your knowledge of the tourism industry
- Teamwork and collaboration valued by staff
- Gain experience working with International offices
How to apply
For further information on the requirements and responsibilities of the role please download the position description. Please apply online and include a current resume with a one-to-two page covering letter detailing your experience and skills to the criteria above.
Applications close 27 May 2018.