About Tourism and Events Queensland
Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) is the State's lead tourism marketing, event and experience development agency with a vision to "inspire the world to experience the best address on earth". TEQ is committed to working collaboratively with key stakeholders to grow tourism and events across Queensland.
About the role
The Advisor International - Eastern Markets works with a portfolio of international markets ensuring strategic projects are delivered in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist the international and Queensland teams to ensure an international market focus is given to destination management and global projects.
- Provide advice on the implementation of specific source market strategies and international projects
- Monitor and provide advice on the activity plan, contract and partnership agreement process
- Establish and maintain effective relationships and communication with all tourism partners and relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders on key international trade events such as the Australian Tourism Exchange and Corroboree East
Skills and experience
- Proven relationship and influencing skills
- Ability to work with diverse cultures
- Experience in a tourism marketing (or related) role
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Understanding of financial and legal contractual requirements in relation to partners
- Demonstrated analytical and planning skills
TEQ has a creative and collaborative culture which fosters high performing teams. TEQ's international team plays a core role in delivering on the TEQ Strategic Plan, particularly in relation to growing overnight visitor expenditure from international source markets.
The Advisor International - Eastern Markets is a challenging and rewarding role that offers the opportunity to meet and work with teams from across the globe.
You will develop your knowledge and expand your experience in the international tourism industry while working with a diverse range of cultures.
This contract position is full time until 24 August 2018.
How to apply
For further information on the requirements and responsibilities of the role please visit teq.queensland.com/careers. Please apply online and include a current resume with a one-to-two page covering letter detailing your experience and skills to the criteria above.
Applications close 14 January 2018.