- Use your experience in government relationships to promote CSIRO capability
- Engage Executives and Senior Leaders both internally and externally
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier scientific research organisation.
CSIRO’s Business Development & Commercial team is currently seeking a motivated Relationship Manager for NSW State Government to develop relationships and promote CSIRO capability.
The RM is responsible for the development, negotiation, execution and implementation of a NSW Govt Strategic Relationship Agreement (SRA), including the coordination of the any agreed steering committee and working groups, coordinating across CSIRO and the relevant NSW Govt departments.
Your duties will include:
- Implementation, execution and management of state government SRA/MOU’s and the steering committee/s and/or working groups outlined in the SRA/MOU, ensuring priority focus areas for engagement based on state government Investment Priorities and CSIRO Capability
- Relationship Alignment – CSIRO (Board, Executive, CLT) representatives networked to decision makers in the relevant state government
- New Business Models for Engagement and broadening CSIRO relationships with Depts. & Agencies
- Reporting and Forecast Management Tools – Active scorecard including defining new state Government Engagement Targets
- Develop and maintain strong trusted advisor relationships with key/senior executives within state government departments
- Develop and implement a program in conjunction with business units to achieve and grow the revenue pipeline across CSIRO from these departments in line within budget expectations.
Location: Sydney, NSW
Salary: $134K to $148K plus up to 15.4% Superannuation
Tenure: Three (3) years
Ref no: 61553
To be considered you will have:
- A University degree in conjunction with demonstrated achievement in senior advisory and managerial roles, ideally with postgraduate managerial qualifications.
- Ability to partner effectively with Government Departments and Ministers to achieve and grow business development and/or commercial impact with revenue, focusing on return on investment to maximise organisational results.
- Ability to proactively identify, build and develop a portfolio of Senior Executive relationships, to support delivery of impact objectives and meet current and future revenue goals.
- Ability to deliver end-to-end conversion of strategic business development and commercial opportunities with a focus on driving and supporting efficient commercial contracting.
- Experience in building and maintaining strong professional and collaborative working relationships across a wide range of disciplines at all levels of the organisation and externally. Proactively seek and influence multiple key stakeholders, within a complex and ambiguous environment, to achieve a successful outcome.
- Experience in building a high performing team, providing coaching and development opportunities across the breadth and depth of a complex team that delivers high standards in service delivery as well as technical output, proven ability to hold a team accountable to specified results, as well as creating a culture that fosters innovative problem solving, continuous improvement and knowledge sharing.
- A satisfactory National Police Check is required for the successful applicant
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Monday, 27th May 2019
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date