- Use your administrative and customer service skills
- Achieve work-life balance in a part-time role/job-share arrangement
- Join the team in a key support role at our CSIRO Aspendale site
We are seeking an experienced individual to join our team as Receptionist/Administrative Assistant and be the first point of contact for staff and visitors at CSIRO Aspendale, and possibly other sites within the Melbourne metropolitan area. In this role, you will provide quality customer service – on the phone, in correspondence, in person - and also provide high quality administrative support to CSIRO Business and Infrastructure Services (CBIS). You will undertake all tasks in accordance with CSIRO procedures and display behaviours which reflect the CSIRO values compass.
This role is a locality based position and although you will have a primary 'home' at the CSIRO site, you may be required to work across any CSIRO site in the locality.
Your duties will include:
- Providing a high quality reception service as the first point of contact for external and internal clients including efficient referral, enquiries and follow up to staff and clients.
- Operating the switchboard to receive and transfer telephone calls, and announce callers; taking and distributing messages accordingly.
- Training relief Reception staff in the operation of the telephone system.
- Undertaking a number of administrative tasks including (but not limited to): issuing of security passes, co-ordinating incoming and outgoing mail, co-ordinating courier services, booking meeting rooms for tenants, taxis and other shared resources.
Location: Melbourne (Aspendale), VIC
Salary: AU$45K to AU$59K plus up to 15.4% superannuation (pro-rata for part time)
Tenure: Specfied term of 2 years
Job reference: 56928
To be successful, you will need:
- Experience and skills working in a reception/customer service oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a good phone manner and good written skills.
- Sound keyboard skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to demonstrate initiative, actively contribute as a team member and share relevant and useful information.
- Ability to show discretion and tact when interacting with external and internal clients.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! Balance
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
How to apply: Please upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter providing enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability.
Applications close: 11.59pm AEST, Tuesday 22nd May, 2018. Applicants who have previously applied for the Receptionist role with job reference number 53730 are welcome to re-apply.