Organisation: Sydney Living Museums, Historic Houses Trust of NSW, Office of Environment and Heritage
Location: City Museums Portfolio, Sydney CBD & Circular Quay
Job Grade/Classification: Clerk Grade 11/12 - $156,294. Package includes salary ($121,917 - $140,996), employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
About the agency
Sydney Living Museums is a leading government agency in Australia with responsibility for conserving, managing, interpreting and activating places and sites of local, national and international significance. Established in 1980, our collection includes the UNESCO World Heritage listed Hyde Park Barracks, The Mint, Australia?s oldest surviving government building through to the twentieth century Rose Seidler House, which marks the arrival of the modernist movement to Australia. The collection is unlike other museums in that the significance of each is in the whole, and not just in the parts. The awareness of place frames each narrative. Our audiences are local, regional, national and international. Sydney Living Museums is a state cultural institution, reporting to the Minister for the Arts.
For more detailed information on the operations and activities of Sydney Living Museums click here.
About the role
This role manages a diverse portfolio of sites, buildings and collections to ensure their sustainability, conservation and interpretation, and use in accordance with the Historic Houses Trust Act 1980.
Applying for the role
To apply you will need to submit the following:
- A current resume with two referees
- A covering letter 1-2 pages in length
- And respond to the 2 targeted questions (no more than 20 lines per answer). Your responses to the targeted questions should be submitted online during your application and not included in the covering letter.
- This role will operate across all of the sites in the City Museums Portfolio which include; Hyde Park Museums, Justice & Police Museum, Museum of Sydney, Susannah Place Museum and The Mint.
- This role will be required to work weekends as needed to support the operations of the City Museums Portfolio.
- As a drivers' licence is an essential requirement for this role you will be asked to provide a copy of your driving record if you are successful in proceeding to the interview stage.
- To be eligible for this role you will need a valid NSW Working with Children Check.
Employment Status: Ongoing full-time
Contact: Lisa Walters on 0450 963 819
Closing date: 11.59pm Monday 2 October 2017.
For more information click here for the role description and candidate information guide.
The Sydney Living Museums welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities.
To be eligible for an ongoing role in the NSW Public Sector you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. For temporary and casual roles you need to hold a valid visa giving you permission to work in Australia as required by the role.