About Public Transport Victoria (PTV)
What is PTV? It is a single point of contact for you to gain information on Public Transport services, fares, tickets and initiatives. We here at PTV manage Victoria's train, tram and bus services. Our team here at PTV develops and nurtures a strong, vibrant culture encouraging innovation to drive a high-performing Government organisation. We build on the hard work, passion and creativity of our people to promote excellence in our industry, and greater mobility for all Victorians.
PTV helps hundreds of thousands of Victorian's make their way to and from life's events. That may be arriving at work or school, visiting family or friends, attending sporting or entertainment events, whatever it is, WE PLAY A ROLE.
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Finance officer who will responsible for the management and review of general ledger accounts, reconciliations, policy and procedures. The role entails performing reconciliations and assistance with review of Ticketing System Services Agreement (TSSA) deliverables, operations and analysis of fraud prevention functions, processing of myki related compensation, goodwill and refunds, providing assistance with accounts payable and receivable functions, identifying and investigating variances, exceptions and following up with internal and external stakeholders to ensure resolution.
What we're looking for
Essential (must have to be considered for the position)
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of high transactional value and volume reconciliations and financial information management systems
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of fraud prevention processes and fraud management systems
- Demonstrated ability to identify risks and improvement opportunities and contribute to resolution
- Attention to detail and a high level of organisation to ensure tracking and closure of all accounts, reconciliation and compliance items
- A strong analytical capability with the ability to process large volumes of data, draw clear conclusions and present finding in concise, insightful reports taking relevant actions where required
- Experience in financial accounting close processes
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, finance or related discipline
- Membership of a professional accounting body (CPA or CA)
How to apply
Please click the ‘Apply Now' button below. Your application must include a cover letter and separate resume (MS Word compatible). For further information about the role, please refer to the attached position description and capability framework documents. If you have any questions specific to the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 11:59 P.M. Friday, 27 April 2018.
Emailed applications will not be accepted.
Unsolicited recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Public Transport Victoria is committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and supports diversity and flexibility. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.