Manager, COVID 19 Support - [Archived Advertisement]
NSW Electoral Commission (View other jobs from this organisation)
Manager, COVID 19 Support
A great leadership opportunity working for a large scale events-based public sector organisation
- Large scale, events-based organisation
- An organisation that is outcomes focussed, fast-paced and down-to-earth
About the company
The NSW Electoral Commission, based in the CBD, delivers trusted and independent systems, processes, oversight and engagement that support democracy in NSW. Its vision is to maintain confidence in the integrity of the democratic process and make it easy for people to understand and participate. Their work includes running elections, communicating and engaging with the pubic and stakeholders and investigating possible offences and enforcing electoral laws.
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, COVID 19 Support Manager will be instrumental in partnering with the organisation and supporting the agency’s response to the COVID 19 pandemic and the rapidly changing challenges associated with managing the Delta variant and subsequent NSW outbreaks. You will play a pivotal role as a key advisor and develop and implement strategies that focus on workplace health and safety, compliance with legislation and business continuity. You will partner with the business to manage risks and achieve operational effectiveness through collaboration.
In addition, you will:
- Stay up to date with NSW COVID 19 public health orders and emerging COVID 19 government decisions, maintaining a detailed understanding of the response and employer obligations.
- Develop and implement fit for purpose COVID-19 related safety strategies to ensure and support a comprehensive response that mitigates health and safety risk.
- Provide expert advice and support to the senior executive committee, which aims to identify and resolve COVID-19 related work, health and safety and operational issues in order to minimise risk and promote compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Undertake COVID-19 related activities and work collaboratively to design and implement operational improvement initiatives and associated processes, tools and supporting resources.
- Act as the key point of contact for leaders seeking COVID-19 related support and advice and liaise with a range of key stakeholders from other government agencies and NSW Health.
As the successful candidate you will be an experienced and dynamic Leader from either Safety, HR, Legal or Operations, with the ability to navigate legislative frameworks in the areas of WHS, Public Health, IR and State Government. The business is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of its employees and therefore, you will have experience in health and safety risk management strategies and be able to present to the leaders and frontline employees in a compelling and engaging way. You will be capable of building credibility quickly with an ability to influence those who work with you.
This opportunity will suit an individual that is looking to work for an organisation that has strong stakeholder engagement and who will play a key role in the decision-making process and will be the key adviser for an effective COVID-19 response within this business.
Please apply online and submit your resume and a brief covering letter outlining your suitability for the position or for further information in confidence contact HR on email@example.com or you can view the Role Description here .
The NSW Electoral Commission embraces diversity and inclusion and is committed to creating a workplace that reflects the population of New South Wales. Election staff who have previously worked for us are encouraged to apply.
You are also encouraged to apply if you identify as one of the following:
- you have no prior experience working at elections
- you speak a language other than English
- you are living with a disability
- you are an Aboriginal person.
- Closing Date:
- 15 Sep 2021
- NSW - Sydney
- $131,094 - $151,609 plus super
- Work Type:
- Full Time