The Risk, Governance and Tax team have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Health and Safety Manager to join their high performing team on an open term, full time capacity in Brisbane.
As an outstanding candidate for this role you will be responsible for ensuring strong and effective safety management systems are in place across QIC. You will champion a strong culture of safety across QIC and ensure the QIC Board and Executive Committee are well informed on all necessary work, health and safety matters.
You will provide oversight and guidance in relation to the monitoring, resolution and reporting of WHS incidents. It will require a high level of integrity when applying professional judgement to solving problems and achieve the optimal balance between strong risk management, safety, the commercial environment, cost effectiveness, and practical outcomes.
The ideal candidate:
- Formal qualifications in occupational health and safety (at bachelor or post graduate level) and /or professional qualifications recognised in safety.
- Previous experience in a similar role, including in a professional or executive role.
- Excellent knowledge of the application of WHS legislation, codes and standards.
- Strong organisational and leadership skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills at an executive level.
- Good judgement and strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Consultative, well organised and highly motivated team player.
- Excellent Board reporting and presenting skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience with incident management and/or contractor management systems.
QIC is a leading long-term specialist manager in alternatives offering infrastructure, real estate, private capital, liquid strategies and multi-asset investments. It is one of the largest institutional investment managers in Australia, with A$85 billion dollars (31 December 2018) in funds under management. QIC has over 1000 employees and serves more than 115 clients. Headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, QIC also has offices in Sydney, Melbourne, New York, Los Angeles, Cleveland, San Francisco, London and Copenhagen. For more information, please visit: www.qic.com and (www.qicgre.com)
At QIC our pursuit is to be an inclusive organisation, one in which every employee has a true voice. We want every employee to have a sense of belonging within QIC and to know that their differences are valued, whatever the difference. We want to build people leader capability to reduce unintended bias and ensure we are leveraging the uniqueness of all our people.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV via our careers portal by 22 January 2020. QIC is a fast-moving organisation so we may start reviewing applications before the job ad closes. We are really interested in receiving your application so please apply as soon as possible!