• Join a leading global alternatives investment provider
• Dynamic team environment
• Brisbane CBD
We currently have a full time open term opportunity for an Accountant to join QIC’s Corporate Finance team in Brisbane.
This role supports the Senior Accountant and broader Corporate Finance team with the delivery of accurate and timely financial reporting for QIC subsidiaries.
Specific accountabilities of the Accountant include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain accounting records for allocated AUD entities including updating GL, completion of reconciliations and other ad hoc requests, review Finance Assistant's work including revenue calculations, accounts payable and receivable
- Complete month end procedures including preparation of journals, review and management of debtors, assisting with the calculation and production of invoices in accordance with Service Level Agreements, analysis of income and expense accounts, review and posting of corporate credit card transactions
- Assist with the preparation of annual financial statements and other statutory and management reports for Australian subsidiaries.
- Maintain taxation records including preparation and calculation of relevant taxes (FBT, payroll tax, income tax, GST) and preparation of all work papers and returns including ITR, BAS and FBT returns
- Review corporate payments and receipting processes
The ideal candidate
As a strong candidate for this role, candidates will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications (accounting, finance, commerce or related discipline)
- 3 + years’ experience in a financial accountant role
- CA or CPA qualifications (preferred)
- Ability to lead and influence outcomes
- Knowledge of taxation concepts and Australian taxation standards
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to think strategically and identify and pursue innovation
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Varied exposure to accounting systems (TechnologyOne Financials preferred)
- Ability to interact with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders professionally
QIC Limited (QIC) is a leading global alternatives investment provider for sovereign wealth funds, superannuation funds and other institutional investors. QIC delivers services to over 90 like-minded institutional investors in Australia and internationally with more than A$79 billion (31 July 2016) in funds under management.
Spanning fixed interest and liquid strategies, infrastructure, real estate, private equity and multi-asset solutions, QIC adapts its approach to suit the investor and the investment context.
At QIC our pursuit is to be an inclusive organisation – one in which every employee has a true voice. We want every employee to have a sense of belonging within QIC and this includes feeling like his or her difference is valued, whatever the difference. We want to build people leader capability to reduce unintended bias and ensure we are leveraging the uniqueness of all our people.
Please click on 'Apply' above and follow the application process. Applications close COB 29 May 2017.
Applications from Recruitment Agencies will not be considered.
Follow QIC on LinkedIn to receive the latest industry news and job updated at https://www.linkedin.com/company/qic