Established in 1960, the Australian Road Research Board (ARRB) is a national interest, applied research organisation. We are the enablers of next-generation development of transportation, across Australia and globally.
We seek to attract world-class experts to add to our existing pool of intellectual excellence. We want the best of the best to join us in our vision; to drive innovation to deliver an adaptable connected future for all Australians. We are growing our intellectual base by building our capacity in fields of critical importance to the road and transport industry, recognising that there are some significant emerging challenges that require deep thinkers, who can provide solutions to complex problems.
As one of our team, you will work alongside internationally recognised experts, and assist in the discovery and creation of new innovations as part of our journey and mission.
ARRB is a dynamic and vibrant organisation providing exciting opportunities for people to do great things, to tackle the big research questions, and to see the fruits of that research being practically applied.
Our staff operate within a contemporary workplace with multi-disciplinary teams with highly evolved skills. Here, innovation can be fostered and nurtured - enabling true collaboration.
About the role and you:
We are seeking a professional Business Support Officer with excellent communication and exceptional attention to detail to join our Administration team based in Port Melbourne. The successful candidate will provide comprehensive project and business support to the project staff including the preparation of bids. To be successful in this role you must be a proven ‘self-starter’ and possess the ability to work independently and collaboratively within a dynamic team.
We are looking for your ‘can do’ attitude, sound customer service skills and confidence in liaising professionally at all levels within the business. Also someone who enjoys supporting a highly detail-driven team, working with numbers and reports as well as impeccable documentation skills. Reporting to the Leader, National Project Support Unit, you will support improvement in operational efficiency including business development support and project delivery.
In this position you will:
• Oversee seamless project administration from job opening to job closure and ensure electronic and physical project files meet Project Audit requirements
• Assist in the preparation and submission of project documentation (tenders, proposals, CV’s etc)
• Input of bids and projects into Pronto / Dynamics as well as milestones / key deliverables and invoice schedules on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
• Project maintenance – raising invoices, entering purchase orders, receipting invoices
• Maintain tools and registers to ensure accuracy of reporting
• Direct liaison with the ARRB Editing & Publication office and formatting of reports if required
• Ad hoc administration tasks as required.
Skills & experience:
• Preferred relevant tertiary qualifications ideally with some subjects focusing on commerce and/or project management but not essential
• 3+ years of relevant experience in a similar role
• High level of computer literacy including experience with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn new project management support systems (e.g. CRM, Nav plus MS Project)
• Ideally good numerical skills and some experience in working with budgets and achieving goals
• Proven office management, organisational and senior level administrative skills
• Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
What we offer:
An exciting, dynamic and collaborative workplace with challenging roles, where your skills, knowledge and experience will be recognised and respected, including:
• Opportunities to contribute to high-profile and interesting projects
• A healthy work-life balance, with flexible arrangements for accruing time off
• Strong support for career development and further study
• A competitive salary
• Access to paid parental leave
• Potential salary packaging benefits available
• Additional leave days over end-of-year holiday period
• Free parking on-site!
To be considered:
Please press the "APPLY" button in this job advertisement. Alternatively, for a confidential conversation, please contact Human Resources in Melbourne.