VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER – PAC1039/0717
Gladstone Ports Corporation is actively seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates for the role of Temporary Communications Advisor. The Communications Advisor is responsible for the delivery of communication strategies that engage, inform and contribute to the overall reputation of Gladstone Ports Corporation with its employees, customers and the communities in which it operates.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Proactively source, research and write a variety of internal and external communication tools
- Provide technical expertise in the design and development of communication strategies and plans to engage and inform diverse audiences
- Administration of GPC's corporate website, intranet and associated sub-sites using a Content Management System.
- Provide strategic advice and support in the management of GPC's social media platforms.
Candidates must respond to the following key selection criteria relevant to the role:
1. Communication Skills
- Skilled in the delivery of engagement and communication strategies to engage and inform diverse audiences.
- Identifies target stakeholders and constructs messages tailored for the audience.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in best practice traditional and digital communication trends and technology.
2. Editorial Skills
- Understands media outlets and / or target audience.
- Edits communication to ensure messages are targeted and customised based on media outlet.
- Plans, coordinates, or edits content of material for publication.
3. Computer Skills
- High level PC skills and expertise in MS Office suite.
- Working knowledge of key design software including Adobe creative Suite products, in particular InDesign and Photoshop.
- Technical and functional understanding of major digital and social media platforms, including the use of Content Management Systems and web metric tools.
- Basic understanding of internet protocols and conventions such as HTTP, HTML, CSS, web browsers and electronic direct marketing platforms.
Tertiary qualifications in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field is desirable. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, a problem solver and have the ability to work within a collaborative team environment.
Failure to provide a written response to the key selection criteria listed above, will result in your application being unsuccessful.
Confidential enquiries may be made by contacting the Employment Officer on (07) 4976 1686. Applications are to be received prior to 4:00pm, Wednesday 26 July 2017 and can be submitted via www.gpcl.com.au/careers.