- Footscray location
- Salary circa $89,000 pro rata + super
- Part-time, 19 hours per week, flexibility available
- Applications close 22 December 2019
About State Trustees
As the public trustee of Victoria we support Victorians to protect and grow their legacy and financial wellbeing at all stages of life.
Operating from three offices, Footscray, Dandenong and Bendigo, we employ over 440 people, look after more than $2.26 billion in client assets and last financial year generated more than $72 million in revenue.
Our purpose-built Footscray head office is part of a vibrant community with a fascinating balance of a growing arts scene, international cultures and delicious cuisines. Only 6km from the CBD, Footscray is easily accessible with a variety of public transport and affordable parking options.
For more information about State Trustees and what we offer as an organisation, please visit www.statetrustees.com.au
About the Role
As a Health and Safety specialist you will develop, deliver and maintain State Trustees' wellbeing and safety management systems and programs to support the wellbeing of our people in accordance with legislation, regulations and standards.
This will include collaborating and partnering with the leadership team and team members to coordinate and implement wellbeing and safety initiatives for our people.
This role is ideal to build on your experience in developing and implementing organisational health, safety and wellbeing programs.
Skills & Experience
- Experience working as an OH&S trusted advisor in environments where occupational violence is a risk factor
- Experience developing, implementing and maintaining safety management systems and wellbeing programs
- Relevant safety qualifications (e.g. Diploma of Work Health and Safety, an Associated Discipline) or equivalent experience
- Well-developed communication skills, including influencing, negotiation and facilitation skills to liaise effectively with stakeholders
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of relevant legislation, frameworks and policies and procedures as they relate to OH&S
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to provide creative solutions to complex problems and issues
We offer a range of employee benefits including:
- Career development
- Health and well-being programs
- Flexible working conditions
- Education assistance
- Purchased leave
- Employee assistance program
- Reward and recognition program
- Free Will preparation
- Retailer discounts
- Charitable workplace giving
- Employee social club
For our clients, our people and the Victorian community, we demonstrate Care, Unity, Passion - we are here, we work together, and we bring our best.
How to Apply
Click the Apply button to commence the application process. In your application, please include a cover letter and resume.
Employment at State Trustees is conditional upon satisfactory Criminal History Check and Anti Money Laundering Check.
State Trustees is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to fairness, diversity and respect. As such, State Trustees will respond to requests for reasonable adjustments from applicants with disabilities.
State Trustees strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.