- Based at our Head Office in Footscray (10 mins from CBD)
- Achieving the best outcomes for our clients and our community
- Applications close 29 May 2017
About the Role
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure Technical Lead, Systems Engineer or Systems Administrator with senior service desk experience to take the next step. The successful candidate will have an appreciation of service and security management that will enablethem to lead and mentor a wider infrastructure team.
This role is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The role leads technical research and development to enable continued innovation within the infrastructure.
To be successful in this role the following skills and experience are required;
- Tertiary Qualifications in an IT or business related discipline (or equivalent professional experience)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Solid hands-on experience with implementing, maintaining and supporting a virtualised Microsoft Server 2008/12, inclusive of Active Directory management
- Exceptional Windows 7/10 and Office 365 & 2013 SOE, VMWARE and ESX deployment and management skills.
- Experience with software application packaging and distribution (e.g. AppV, WSUS/WDS)
- Demonstrated experience with anti-virus software and the application of patches to prevent viruses and the mediation of PC's with viruses
- Experience with Remote Access technologies. (e.g. Citrix)
- Experience managing security gateways and controls, i.e. Firewalls/IPS, email and web protection systems
- Exceptional experience managing a collapsed core network, including storage and compute technologies
- Knowledge of Incident, Request and Problem Management processes, policies & procedures
- ITIL Service Management Foundation Certification
It is desirable but not essential to have a Relevant Industry Accreditations (e.g. CCNA, MCSAA) and Exposure to Voice Technology (PABX, IVR, ACD)
We offer a range of benefits; including career development, health and well-being programs, flexible working conditions, education assistance, purchased leave, reward and recognition program, free will preparation, retail discounts and an employee social club.
How to Apply
Click the Apply button to commence the application process. In your application, please address the “Knowledge, skill and experience requirements” section in the attached Job Specification.
Employment at State Trustees is conditional upon satisfactory Criminal History Check and Anti Money Laundering Check.State Trustees is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to fairness, diversity and respect. As such, State Trustees will respond to requests for reasonable adjustments from applicants with disabilities.State Trustees strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.