Manager, Strategic Programs, Centre for Population Health NSW Ministry of Health Location:
North Sydney Classification & Grade:
Clerk Grade 11/12 Salary Range
: $118,943 - $137,557 paVacancy Type
: 2 years, Temporary, Full-TimeVacancy Reference
: REF17/87Closing Date
: 26 May 2017 (11:59pm) Role Purpose
The primary purpose of the role is to manage the development and evaluation of best practice policies, programs, projects, and activities to support the achievement of NSW Health’s commitments under the Premier’s Priority to reduce childhood overweight and obesity and the Healthy Eating Active Living strategy.
You are not required to address selection criteria. Applicants are required to submit a one page covering letter, including a short statement in response to the targeted questions visible on JobsNSW only (to provide evidence of experience against required role capabilities).
Your resume (also known as curriculum vitae or CV) is a snapshot summarising your qualifications, experience, skills and qualities. A resume needs to be clear, concise and neatly organised with content relevant to the role you are applying for, no more than 4-5 pages.
Please review Applying for a Role in the NSW Public Service
for more guidance. Job Notes:
For an information package please click here. Role Inquiries: Contact Meredith Claremont, Director, Population Health Strategic Programs Branch on (02) 9461 7195 Targeted Questions: Question 1:
- Only Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents are eligible to apply
- All applications must be submitted on line via jobs.nsw.gov.auto be considered.
- Your application must include your response to the targeted questions, and an up to date resume/CV.
- Relevant screening checks will be conducted as well as Prior Service checks for internal applicants.
- You are advised not to delete any "Relevant Files" that you upload in the jobs.nsw application system until you know the outcome of your application, including your Resume/CV and/or Cover Letter. Doing so will result in the selection committee being unable to access your application.
- You need to demonstrate your proficiency in the capabilities described in the Role Description. These will be assessed through the recruitment process to determine your suitability for appointment. NSW Public Sector Capability Framework
- Part of the assessment process may include additional online capability testing / Work Samples in accordance with the Government Sector Employment Act; therefore you may be contacted to participate.
- The Ministry of Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with a disability.
Please provide details of a major project that you were responsible for development and/or implementing. Include key aspects that you considered were critical to its success, an example when you had to analyse/ resolve problems and make decisions / recommendations. Question 2:
Provide an example of how you have managed a challenging internal or external stakeholder relationship, particularly one requiring consultation/ negotiation/ collaboration to achieve an outcome. Provide background, reasoning and outcome.