Project Manager, Clinical Services NSW Ministry of Health Location: North Sydney (moving to St Leonards from 2019) Classification & Grade: Clerk Grade 11/12 Salary Range: $118,943 - $137,557 pa Vacancy Type: Ongoing Full-time Vacancy Reference: REF17/89Closing Date: 26 May 2017 Role Purpose The Project Manager is responsible for the management of clinical business reform initiatives and projects including with the Health Districts, other Agencies and the private sector, in order for the operational entities to achieve value for money and best practice objectives. You are not required to address selection criteria. Applicants are to submit a short statement (1-2 pages) in response the targeted questions visible on iworkfor.nsw.gov.au only (to provide evidence of experience against required role capabilities). Your resume (also known as curriculum vitae or CV) is a snapshot summarising your qualifications, experience, skills and qualities. A resume needs to be clear, concise and neatly organised with content relevant to the role you are applying for, no more than 4-5 pages. The Ministry of Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with a disability. Please review Applying for a Role in the NSW Public Service for more guidance. Job Notes:
For an information package please click here. Role Inquiries: Contact David Gates on (02) 9391 9767. Targeted Questions: Question 1: Please describe your experience of significant project management at a State and local level, in Clinical Business Reform outlining your project management methodology and approach to mitigating risks (500 words).
- Only Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents are eligible to apply
- All applications must be submitted on line via iworkfor.nsw.gov.au to be considered.
- Your application must include your response to the targeted questions, and an up to date resume/CV.
- Relevant screening checks will be conducted as well as Prior Service checks for internal applicants.
- You are advised not to delete any "Relevant Files" that you upload in the jobs.nsw application system until you know the outcome of your application, including your Resume/CV and/or Cover Letter. Doing so will result in the selection committee being unable to access your application.
- You need to demonstrate your proficiency in the capabilities described in the Role Description. These will be assessed through the recruitment process to determine your suitability for appointment. NSW Public Sector Capability Framework
- Part of the assessment process may include additional online capability testing / Work Samples in accordance with the Government Sector Employment Act; therefore you may be contacted to participate.
Question 2: What significant factors would you consider in structuring your approach to managing a project with a complex stakeholder environment? Provide examples of the stakeholder issues you need to manage, outline how you would manage these and the techniques you used to achieve the project’s outcome (500 words).