Nurse Unit Manager 2 - Shoalhaven Child & Family Health Service - Incentives Offered - [Archived Advertisement]
Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (View other jobs from this organisation)
Nurse Unit Manager 2 - Shoalhaven Child & Family Health Service - Incentives Offered
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Facility: Nowra Child and Family Health Service
Position Classification: Nurse Unit Manager Level 2
Remuneration: $129,235.88 - $129,235.88 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ446775
Applications Close: 3 December 2023
This position qualifies for a Recruitment Incentive Package up to the value of $5,000 under the NSW Health Rural Health Workforce Incentive Scheme.
The package is in addition to award entitlements and accommodation assistance and recognises the critical role health workers play in the delivery of rural health services. Take up this opportunity and apply now…negotiate a package that works for you. Benefits can include additional base salary, additional personal leave, relocation costs or payment of professional development fees.
What you'll be doing
The Nurse Unit Manager, Child and Family Health, is responsible for the leadership and direction of Shoalhaven Child and Family Health Service including the Aboriginal Maternal Infant and Child Health (AMICH) service and Family Care Centre.
These services provide primary health comprehensive service involving assessment, prevention, early identification & intervention. Leading Nursing and clerical staff to deliver timely high-quality care, patient and staff safety, managing the demand, efficient use of resources and capacity for the service.
The Nursing Unit Manager (NUM) is responsible for the coordination of patient services, service management and management of the nursing and administrative staff aligning with the strategic directions of Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (ISLHD).
As the manager of the unit the purpose of the Nurse/ Midwifery Unit Manager role is to;
- Lead, direct and coordinate patient care, at the ward/unit level.
- Ensure the practice of nursing/midwifery is safe and efficient, while maintaining standards of care.
- Manage the business/management processes of the ward/unit.
- Model the CORE Values of the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District.
- Supporting staff who are working with families with complex health and social issues which has the potential for exposure to trauma.
The NUM performs as a clinical leader and manager with accountability for culture, quality and safety, professional integrity, financial management, change management and the experience of clients in the Child and Family Health. The NUM is pivotal to the cultivation of collaborative relationships and effective teamwork furthering the advancement of the nursing profession.
What we can offer you
The Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (ISLHD) provides you with an excellent career choice with many rewarding experiences. At ISLHD we are not just offering jobs, we are offering you the opportunity to excel in your chosen field and to experience a work life balance.
Work flexibility is very important at ISLHD and we provide our people with a range of benefits and conditions to assist with balancing the demands of work and personal life where possible. We offer:
- ADOs each month (for eligible full time employees)
- Study and development leave
- Access to in-house training, learning and educational opportunities
- Discounted parking
- Salary packaging options to reduce your tax and increase your take home pay (for eligible employees)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – counselling for you and your family
- Fitness Passport program – ISLHD staff can sign-up with Fitness Passport, an external service provider. Fitness Passport offers employees access to gyms and fitness services that are current members of its program on a minimum 12 month contract. https://www.fitnesspassport.com.au/IHS
All NSW Health workers are required to have completed an up-to-date course of a COVID-19 vaccine (2 doses) which has been approved or recognised by the Therapeutics Goods Administration (TGA). New applicants must have completed the vaccination course prior to commencement with NSW Health, or provide an approved medical contraindication certificate certifying the worker cannot have any approved COVID-19 vaccines available in NSW.
Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate. Please provide proof of vaccination if available.
Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
This recruitment may be used to create a talent pool / eligibility list where candidates may be offered casual, ongoing permanent, or temporary full-time or part-time positions within the next 12 months.
Please note: Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
Successful applicants to the role must provide certified documentation of vaccination history and pathology as part of their recruitment documentation. The applicant must be certified as compliant with Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Infectious Diseases before employment can commence.
Criminal record checks will be undertaken on successful applicants. This position is designated as child-related employment and you will be required to obtain a Working With Children clearance from the Office of the Children’s Guardian. To apply, please go to https://wwccheck.ocg.nsw.gov.au/Apply
Your claim against the selection criteria is the most important part of your application as it will help determine whether or not you have met the standard of response required by the panel to be eligible for an interview. You should read the Position Description and then address the selection criteria for the role, giving examples where required.
Applicants are encouraged to review the following information on Applying for a position within NSW Health at: http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/careers/guide/nswhealth/Pages/apply-for-position.aspx
- Registered Nurse with a current licence to practice from the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or working towards the same; or alternatively relevant work experience or combination of qualification and work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in Child and Family Health with knowledge and understanding of the current strategies and policies that impact on maternal and child health.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and management within the healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate clinical services and manage change.
- Proven ability to create and maintain a positive workplace culture and articulate and achieve a vision for nursing/maternity services.
- Demonstrated computer literacy and confidence in using Microsoft and health care information systems.
- Current drivers licence.
- Closing Date:
- 03 Dec 2023
- NSW - Nowra
- $124,263.26 per annum
- Work Type:
- Full Time