Taronga Western Plains Zoo Guest Experience Coordinator
- Ongoing Full Time
- Taronga Western Plains Zoo is a multiple New South Wales and National award winner for Best Tourist Attraction and Best Unique Accommodation
- Taronga Conservation Society Australia Wage Employee Award
- Located at Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo
Taronga Western Plains Zoo has a unique and exciting career opportunity for a committed and motivated individual to lead a high performing team to deliver first class customer service to zoo guests.
Taronga is a leading organisation in conservation, animal care and management, and offers amazing visitor experiences to over 250,000 guests annually at our Dubbo site. Taronga Western Plains Zoo is currently undertaking an exciting redevelopment with significant capital investment and site improvements underway. We invite you to become part of our diverse team culture at an exciting time within the Zoo’s history. About the role…
This role is the first point of contact for our zoo guests to purchase zoo tickets and receive information in relation to tours and encounters. This role is also responsible for all operational aspects of our hire centre. As a leader within our guest experience team you will have an in-depth knowledge of all products and services offered across Taronga Western Plains Zoo. About you…
To be on the forefront for this exciting opportunity you will demonstrate:
- An ability to comply with Taronga’s Customer Service Charter and suggest initiatives for further improvement to ensure industry leading standards are maintained.
- An ability to lead, mentor and coach a team of Guest Experience Officers to deliver high quality customer service experiences in order to provide excellent guest experience and promote repeat visitation.
- Ability to actively participate in and communicate Taronga’s education and conservation messages both internally and externally.
- An ability to demonstrate leadership in relation to Work, Health and Safety in line with Taronga’s Work, Health and Safety Charter.
Essential requirements for this position include:
- Obtain and maintain a current Senior First Aid and Advanced Resuscitation qualification at your own expense.
- Obtain and maintain a current paid NSW Working with Children Check.
- Hold a current NSW Driver’s License.
- Ability to work a rotating work roster including some weekends and public holidays.
Taronga believes in a shared future for Wildlife and People and is working in partnership with wildlife conservation organizations and communities to develop ways to protect species and habitats.
Our employees enjoy generous employment conditions including:
- Complimentary family and friends passes
- A wide range of discounts on our award winning accommodation
- Discounted food and beverage purchases across the site
- Reduced rates for other services including animal encounters
Please ensure you attach a current version of your resume. You are also required to complete the two target questions as part of your application.
- This role will work with diverse stakeholders both internally and externally, requiring excellent stakeholder management and communication skills. Please outline your approach to managing multiple stakeholders and provide an example where there were challenges and how you achieved the required outcomes.
- You will be inheriting an existing team at Taronga. How will you identify the true capabilities within the team to support planned changes and what will your approach be to make any changes if required?
All applications must be completed via http://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/
using the reference number 00005OXC or searching the word Taronga. For more information in relation to the vacant positions please contact Zac Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
To review a copy of the role description, please visit the careers page of the Taronga website http://www.taronga.org.au Applications close: 22/01/2018