Health and Wellbeing Coordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
Taronga Conservation Society Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
Health and Wellbeing Coordinator
- Awarded Australia’s Best Major Tourism Attraction
- 2 year Temporary Contract, Part Time (22.8 hours per week)
- Taronga Conservation Society Australia Salaried Employees Award, Clerk Grade 4/5 (base salary $73,224 - $83,935 pro rata for the hours worked, plus super and leave loading)
- Location - Sydney
Make a real impact! We are looking for an experienced, driven and motivated Health and Wellbeing Coordinator who is interested in joining a leading conservation and animal management organisation that offers amazing guest experiences.
About the role…
The health and wellbeing coordinator has a critical role to play in the design and implementation of meaningful and long term programs which promote a healthy and safe work environment. Reporting to the WHS Manager, this newly appointed position will work with an established team to shape early health and prevention programs.
The key accountabilities of the role include:
- Manage the current injury management program and take responsibility as Recover at Work Coordinator
- Coordinate the development, implementation and assessment of the employee health and wellbeing programs
- Lead promotional campaigns increasing staff awareness and take up of the range of available resources, ultimately leading to healthier lifestyles
- Manage the Taronga gymnasium in collaboration with the existing committee
- Manage the first aid programme including mental health initiatives and training
- Co-ordinate and further develop the staff vaccination program
- Work with supervisors and managers to facilitate early intervention and enduring return to work for employees
You will have:
- Degree level qualification in relevant subject related to physical or psychological health or sound practical experience implementing and coordinating a new health and wellbeing programme
- Solid experience in injury management with RTW certification
- Maintain at minimum Occupational First Aid and current valid NSW Drivers License (maintain)
- Obtain and maintain a current paid NSW Working with Children Check at own expense.
Taronga Zoo officially opened in October 1916 and our vision is to secure a shared future for Wildlife and People. Taronga works in partnership with wildlife conservation organizations and communities to develop ways to protect species and habitats. Taronga, For the Wild!
Please ensure that you attach a current version of your resume and address the above key accountabilities in a cover letter no more than two pages. You are also required to complete the two target questions and provide supporting evidence as part of your application.
Applications must be completed via http://www.jobs.nsw.gov.au/using the reference number 00005HZ3 or searching the word Taronga. For more information in relation to the vacant position please contact Hiring Manager Valerie Moushigian email@example.com or phone (02) 9932 4391.
To review a copy of the role description, please visit the careers page of the Taronga website http://www.taronga.org.au
Applications close: 7th September 2017
- Closing Date:
- 07 Sep 2017
- NSW - Sydney
- $73,224 - $83,935 pro rata + super
- Work Type:
- Part Time
Occupational Health and Safety