Vacancy No: Ref: 20/059
Level/Salary: Level 6 $102,966 - $113,590 PSCSAA
- Shapes and Manages Strategy
Collaboratively leads the development of a contemporary grants strategy for Lotterywest and Healthway. Gathers and investigates information from a variety of sources and explores new ideas and different viewpoints. Undertakes objective analysis and draws accurate conclusions based on evidence, recognising links between inter-connected issues.
- Achieves Results
Delivers clear outcomes for Lotterywest and Healthway. Values specialist expertise and capitalises on expert knowledge and skill of others. Contributes own expertise to establish clear plans and timeframes for work. Responds in a positive and flexible manner to change and uncertainty. Monitors project progress and adjusts plans as required to achieve quality outcomes. Seeks feedback from stakeholders to gauge satisfaction.
- Builds Productive Relationships
Builds strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders across other government agencies, the not-for-profit and philanthropic sectors. Actively listens, involves people, encourages them and recognises their contribution. Shares information and outcomes. Encourages diverse views. Works with staff to identify development areas and proactively requests development opportunities from the manager.
- Communicates and Influences Effectively
Confidently presents messages in a clear, concise and articulate manner. Selects the most appropriate medium for conveying information and structures written and oral communication to ensure clarity. Understands the audience and tailors communication style and message accordingly. Listens to differing ideas to develop an understanding of the issues.
- Exemplifies Personal Integrity and Self Awareness
Adopts a principled and professional approach and displays resilience, self-awareness and a commitment to personal development. Provides impartial and forthright advice and challenges important issues constructively. Takes personal responsibility for meeting objectives and progressing work, proactively stepping in and doing what is required to see that goals are achieved. Self-evaluates performance and seeks feedback from others.
- Supports and provides advice to managers and team members on the design, development and continuous improvement of a contemporary grants strategy for Lotterywest and Healthway
- Provides effective leadership, team building, coaching, development and guidance to team members
- Set priorities and oversees the management, coordination and delegation of tasks and resources, under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Manages a diverse workload, is responsive to directions from various managers, works flexibly and is adaptable to changing contexts and priorities
- Contributes to, and leads aspects of, the governing policies and processes for Lotterywest and Healthway’s grant making to ensure appropriate governance and continuous improvement of grant making strategy and practice
- Contributes to and leads aspects of annual, quarterly and weekly reporting to internal and external stakeholders on the progress and outcomes of Lotterywest and Healthway’s grant making
- Contributes to and leads aspects of the short, medium and long term measurement of the social impact of Lotterywest and Healthway’s grant investment
For further job related information:
Enquiries about the role can be directed to For more information about the position please contact Mhairi Cowden, Senior Manager Community Impact and Analysis on 08 9488 6720.
Please view the About us section on our web page http://www.lotterywest.wa.gov.au/lotterywest/about-us and follow the link to Jobs WA by clicking Careers (find out more) – current career opportunities. Refer to the job pack for instructions on how to apply.
Suitable applicants may be considered for future similar employment opportunities during the next twelve (12) months at Lotterywest.
Closing date: 9.30am, Monday, 21 September 2020