- Parks & Open Space
- Capital projects
- Monthly RDO
- Bellfield/Heidelberg location
An opportunity exists for a Open Space Planning and Delivery Officer to assist in the planning, consultation and delivery of open space capital works and projects in accordance with the Banyule Management system.
As the Open Space Planning and Delivery Officer you will
- Plan and scope projects as they related to open space in consultation with the community
- Develop project plans and report on achievements
- Inspect sites and supervise contractors performing works
- Monitor project budget expenditure
- Undertake purchasing in accordance with Council procurement processes
- Respond to resident and customer enquiries
- Ensure that works are performed in accordance with relevant OH&S requirements
- Communicate with service teams to ensure that ongoing maintenance issues are addressed
- Document management and storage in council systems
To be successful you will need
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Demonstrated procurement and contract management experience
- An awareness of project delivery in the Victorian local government environment, preferably in public spaces
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- A good understanding of parks and recreation issues
- Salary range $84,825.51 to $92,220.59 plus super
- Temporary full time December 2020 to December 2023
- Monthly RDO
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities, including health and wellbeing initiatives
- Bellfield /Heidelberg location
- Flexible work arrangements
Our staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please access a copy of the position description via the link below. For a further confidential discussion, we encourage you to contact Nadine Wooldridge Open Space Strategic Coordinator Tel: 9490 4427.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close at 11.45pm on: Sunday 22 November 2020.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply