Youth and Family Services have an opportunity for a Youth Engagement Officer to join their team on a temporary part l time basis.
The Youth Engagement Officer is required to work as a senior member of Council’s Youth Services team.
Key functions include:
- Lead the delivery of Banyule’s Youth Summit and Summit Report Card.
- Play a pivotal role in the planning, development and implementation of a range of opportunities for young people in the City of Banyule
- Under the direction of the Youth Services Coordinator will facilitate the strategic planning, provision and delivery of all aspects of high-quality youth programs, activities and events for young people aged 10-25 years and their families
- Services will be consistent with council’s youth services strategic plans, policies, philosophies and service agreements
What we are looking for:
- Tertiary qualifications in youth work or related discipline
- Proven experience, knowledge and understanding of working with young people in a variety of program settings
- Practical working knowledge and understanding of Youth Work principles and practice
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence
- Current First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain same.
- Well-developed knowledge in the use of social media, online applications and IT systems
- Flexible availability preferred – a minimum of two afternoons/evenings per week required.
- Ability to undertake and pass probity checks (WWC & Police).
- Extensive knowledge of professional conduct required of youth workers i.e. confidentiality, respectful engagement, accurate record keeping, punctuality
- Evidence of COVID vaccination
We can offer:
- Temporary February 2022 to February 2023
- Part time 24.5 hours per week
- Salary range $86,182.74 to $93,696.04 pro rata plus super
- Access to quality learning and development opportunities and health and wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible work arrangements
Our Culture - Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Lisa Said Tel: 0427 833 321 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Sunday 23 January 2022.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply