Banyule Early Childhood Services is committed to professionalism and advocacy for children and families. Our services are inclusive, recognising diversity within an environment where staff, children and families experience a sense of belonging. We believe that all children learn through play, and through our services we will demonstrate a respect for the environment.
About the Role
We are is looking for a team oriented Early Childhood Educator diploma qualified to join the Joyce Ave Children's Centre team on a permanent part time basis.
You will ensure the provision of a high quality innovative educational program that meets the individual needs of the children aged from birth to 6 years. You will ensure the care and education program aligns with the Early Childhood Services Philosophy.
- Early Childhood Qualification as recognised under Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011 – Diploma.
- Current, recognised Level 2 First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificate, with updates completed within the last 12 months
- Criminal History Check- not more than 6 months old (Mandatory)
- Working With Children Check (Mandatory)
- Experience in a child care service (preferred).
- Understanding of the Education & Care Services National Law Act 2010, Education & Care Services National Regulations 2011and the National Quality Framework & Standards.
What you will need
- An awareness of the cultural needs of families.
- The ability to manage time and prioritise tasks
- The ability to maintain written records and write reports relating to program goals and child developmen
- Salary range $64,808.64 to $68,813.45 pro rata plus super
- Temporary part time November 2021 to October 2022
- 16 hours per week, Thursdays & Fridays
- Ongoing individual development opportunities (plus our service closes two days per year solely for training).
- Work with great people in a supportive team environment
- Based at Joyce Ave Children's Centre
Employment Screening Checks National Criminal Record Check, Pre-employment Medical Check, Working With Children Check, Evidence of COVID vaccination
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Lisa Funston on Tel; 9434 6098 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Sunday 28 November 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply