Join our expanding Communication, Advocacy and Engagement Team as our Community Engagement Lead.
The team is responsible for all Council’s public relations, marketing, communications and promotional activities as well as leading Council's advocacy agenda and delivering best practice community engagement.
As our Community Engagement Lead you will provide leadership, advice and support to Council on community engagement, consultation, and evidenced based decision making.
In this role you will:
- Lead the implementation of Council’s Community Engagement Policy and Toolkit
- Make community engagement processes and practices easy to understand and implement
- Develop best practice digital community engagement
- Provide leadership, advice and support on major engagement processes (e.g. Council Plan, Community Vision)
- Build community engagement culture and maturity within the organisation through championing best practice and providing the highest quality advice and training.
- A tertiary qualification in a related discipline with experience in community engagement
- Demonstrated experience in best practice community engagement, including working with diverse communities.
- Capacity to build effective partnerships and relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Highly developed analytical, conceptual, research and writing skills
- Highly effective verbal communication skills
- IAP2 Certification
- Salary range $96,444.00 to $107,598.00 plus super
- Permanent full time - 38 hours per week plus a monthly RDO
- Ongoing learning and individual development opportunities, including & health and wellbeing initiatives
- Supportive team environment
- Flexible work arrangements
Culture - Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Shawn Neilsen Tel: 0412616229 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Sunday 3 October 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.