The Governance and Communication Department is focused on Council adherence to general legislative compliance and has five distinct areas of expertise and support – Governance/Council Business, Executive/CEO Support, Councillor Support, Cemetery Management and Audit Support.
Bring your expertise in Council business implementation & administration and join our supportive Governance team.
In this role you will
- Provide Administrative support in coordinating Council Meetings
- Organise Council Business papers, including the preparation of Council Minutes & Agendas and Councillor Briefing Papers
- Coordinate statutory information and registers and ensure that the information is kept up to date
- Provide a key point of contact internally and externally for queries in relation to the Council decision making process
- provide support to the Governance Team
Experience and Required:
- Relevant experience in an administrative role essential
- Very good competency of computer systems and Microsoft applications
- Previous experience in Council meeting processes and systems
- Experience and understanding of local government governance processes
- Ability to understand and apply legislation and written policy
- Ability to work in a team environment and positively contribute to the team
- High level of diplomacy and discretion
- Current drivers' licence
- Permanent full time
- Salary range $70,934.90 to $82,175.74 plus super
- 38 hours per week plus monthly RDO
- Learning and development and health & wellbeing initiatives
- Supportive team and flexible work arrangements
- Greensborough location
Our Culture - Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Emily Outlaw on Tel: 94904209 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Wednesday 15 September 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply