- Develop & deliver Older Adult programs & activities
Banyule City Council is an award-winning organisation that prides itself on a customer-focused culture of innovation, best practice and continuous improvement. We uphold an enviable reputation for customer service and work diligently to maintain high quality services to provide the best possible opportunities and outcomes for the community we represent.
About the role
Banyule City Council is an Age-friendly City, working towards enabling older residents of the Banyule City Council to remain independent, connected, active, informed and to maintain their health and wellbeing.
- We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person to Work with the Older Adult team to develop and deliver programs and activities which address social isolation and encourage community participation
- You will have proven experience in developing, delivering and evaluating programs for older people, including customer needs analysis, satisfaction surveys, working with volunteers, and an understanding and sensitivity to needs of people with a diverse background
- Experience in managing projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in working with older people, people with a disability and carers
- Experience in working with volunteers and establishing procedures for volunteers
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of the World Health Organisation, Age-friendly Cities principles
- Ability to provide a high level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong advocacy, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to participate in the decision-making process
- Ability to work as part of a Team
Employment screening Checks: National Criminal Record Check.
Culture Staff choose to align their career with Banyule because we offer career and professional development opportunities and work in partnership with the community to deliver our services.
- Permanent full time (plus RDO)
- Salary range $86,182.74 to & $93,696.04 plus super
- Learning and development opportunities and health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Supportive team & flexible work arrangements
- Greensborough location
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below. To discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Leanne Horvath Service Planning Assessment and Community Support Coordinator Tel: 9457 9922 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Monday 9 August 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.