- Join a dynamic, forward thinking team who truly value their people
- Lead the Sports & Leisure Team
- Flexible work arrangements
Banyule City Council is an award-winning organisation that prides itself on a customer-focused culture of innovation, best practice and continuous improvement. Our 1000 plus employees uphold an enviable reputation for customer service and work diligently to maintain high quality services to provide the best possible opportunities and outcomes for the community we represent.
The Leisure, Recreation and Cultural Services Department is seeking an experience professional to lead The Sports and Leisure Team.
About the role
You will lead a dynamic team to deliver strategic and specialised advice on program development, sport & leisure policy and capital planning & delivery.
You will use your consultation and conflict resolution skills to work with Associations, Clubs and the Community to develop and create, inclusive sport, leisure and recreation outcomes that support increased participation and positive heath and well -being.
You will lead and participate in capital works projects, relating to Leisure and Sporting facilities; coordinate works and supervise contractors.
To be successful you will need
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline or demonstrated relevant work history preferably with a local government context
- Specialist knowledge and experience in planning, programming, project management and delivery for sports and leisure in community settings
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams
- Experience in managing a diversity of stakeholders and facilitating partnerships
- Well-developed oral and written communication
- A current working with Children check
- Salary range $94,925.32 to $105,904.47 plus super
- Permanent Full time, 38 hours per week plus monthly RDO
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities, including health and wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible work arrangements, currently working from home arrangements are in place
- Office location - Greensborough
Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Melinda Ramsay Leisure and Cultural Services Coordinator Tel: 0434 607 913 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Thursday 29 October 2020.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.