- Parks & Open Space role
- Lead the Tree Care Team
- Permanent full time
About Banyule City Council
Banyule City Council is an award-winning organisation that prides itself on a customer-focused culture of innovation, best practice and continuous improvement. We uphold an enviable reputation for customer service and work diligently to maintain high quality services to provide the best possible opportunities and outcomes for the community we represent.
About the role
Based at the Parks & Open Space Depot in Bellfield, this permanent full-time position presents a great career opportunity for someone who is passionate about the protection and retention of trees and vegetation in our urban and non-urban environments.
You will manage Banyule’s tree population through policy creation, implementation and contract management. You will provide advice to internal and external stakeholders, lead Council’s tree care team and provide efficient and friendly service to the residents of Banyule.
Skills and Experience
- Trade/tertiary qualifications in arboriculture and relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading staff.
- Ability to provide technical reports relating to arboricultural assets, and the ability to communicate technical information in a way that can be understood by non-technical customers/colleagues.
- License to drive vehicles up to 4.5 tonnes.
- Ability to attain accreditation in ISA TRAQ Qualification for Tree Risk Assessments.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write reports and external correspondence.
Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
- Salary range $84,825.51 to $92,220.59 plus super
- Permanent full time and a monthly RDO
- Supportive team
- Ongoing learning and individual development opportunities, including and health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Ivanhoe / Bellfield location
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below. To discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Ben de Klepper on 0466939931 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description.
Applications Close at 11.45pm on Wednesday 23 September 2020.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply