Ready to take on the next challenge in your career?
If you are excited to develop and promote sustainable growth, investment, continuous improvement and business development within Banyule, this is the opportunity for you.
We have a temporary 12-month Business Concierge Officer position available in response to Councils COVID-19 Community and Business Support Package to assist start-up businesses.
The Business Concierge Officer position was an initiative as part of the Local Government’s Better Approvals Project to reduce the regulatory burden on small business and improve permit approvals times.
You will be responsible for delivering a central customer service point to improve the customer experience by coordinating the internal referral process with the aim of streamlining and reducing the permit waiting period for businesses as well as supporting the Economic Development team.
You will also join our Economic Development Team, which leads policy, strategy and projects that support business and contribute to the sustainable growth of the city.
What we are looking for
- Knowledge and appreciation of the importance of small business to the local economy and the issues facing small businesses
- An understanding of Council permits, policy and processes, as they relate to the establishment of start-up businesses
- Excellent computer skills and programs including: Data base management / CRM systems, Records Management (RM8/TRIM), Website management, Social media applications; and the Microsoft suite
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills, including negotiation skills
- Strong customer service focus, with a focus on exceeding customer expectations
- CX – Customer Experience knowledge
We can offer
- $69,817.80 to $80,881.66 plus super
- Temporary full time September 2020 to September 2021
- Ongoing learning and individual development opportunities, including health and wellbeing initiatives
- Supportive team environment
- Flexible work environment, currently working from home arrangement are in place
Our Culture - Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
Want to know more about this position? We recommend you access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability contact Michelle Isherwood Coordinator Economic Development Tel: 9457 9938 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Tuesday 25 August 2020.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply