We are seeking a passionate Children's Centre Coordinator to join us at our Morobe Street Children’s Centre.
This is a critical role where you will lead a team of 21 educators in the provision of high quality education & care that meets industry standards and best practice. As the Centre Coordinator you will be responsible for the efficient and effective management of the service to ensure smooth daily operations under the direction of the Operations Coordinator.
Banyule’s Early Childhood Services is committed to professionalism and advocacy for children and families. Our services are inclusive, recognising diversity within an environment where staff, children and families experience a sense of belonging. We believe that all children learn through play, and through our services we will demonstrate a respect for the environment.
Key competencies we are looking for:
- Demonstrated experience in management of Children’s Services including staff leadership, supervision and support
- Sound business and administration skills including fee administration and the preparation & monitoring of budgets
- Understanding of the National Quality Standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills, well developed written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work co-operatively and sensitively with children, families and external support services
- An appropriate Early Childhood qualification and demonstrated knowledge of the developmental needs of young children
- Demonstrated commitment to our values
We can offer you:
- $84,825.51 to $92,220.59 plus super
- Full time 38 hour week
- RDO every month
- Access to Council’s employee benefits and flexibility.
- Ongoing learning & individual development opportunities (plus our service closes two days per year solely for training).
- Work with great people in a supportive team environment
- Heidelberg West location
Employment Screening Checks – National Criminal Record Check, Pre Employment Medical check and Working with Children check.
Please note that psychometric assessments may be conducted as part of the recruitment process.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description from our website
You may also contact Zara Anderson Early Childhood Services Operations Coordinator on 9433 7747 for a confidential discussion.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines.
Applications Close 11.45pm on Wednesday 11 September 2019.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.