Permanent Full TimePosition Classification:
Health Mgr Lvl 4Remuneration:
$127, 384 p.a - $152, 407 p.aHours Per Week:
25 November 2019
Total remuneration package valued at $168, 306 p.a (including salary $127, 384 p.a up to $152, 407 p.a) annual leave loading and employer’s contribution to superannuation). Salary packaging arrangements providing additional benefits are also available.
Please respond to the following targeted questions located in the questionnaire section of the application.
- Explain when you had to lead a best practice and high performing safety team focussed on building and maintaining an organisation wide behavioural based safety culture?
- Explain when you had to develop, implement and monitor WHS programs, produce publicity material on safety issues and liaise with the regulator to meet legislative responsibilities in a highly unionise environment ?
What you’ll be doing
Lead a best practice and high performing safety team building and maintaining an organisation wide safety culture. Provide strategic and operational Work Health & Safety (WHS) services that support the State-wide achievement of corporate objectives, including policies, procedures and programs to improve and maintain workplace WHS and create measurable performance improvements. Initiate, develop, implement and monitor strategic and operational strategies, the position provides comprehensive advice to ensure legislative requirements are met; gives direction to workplace safety committees, and ensure “best practice” are used in work health and safety management across NSW Ambulance.
- The successful applicant will be appointed under the terms and conditions of the Health Manages (State) Award and will be required to enter into the annual Performance Development Program.
- Appointment to this position is subject to a satisfactory conduct and services check including referee/supervisor check, a review of National Police check and review of the Service Check Register. A review of excess annual and sick leave, PDP status, ability to undertake full duties of the position and clearances from Legal, Regulatory and Professional Standards, Ambulance Education Centre and Infection Control.
- The successful applicant may be required to undertake duties at the other centres should the need arise.
- No Ambulance accommodation is provided.
- No entitlements to Transferred Employees Benefits (TEB) is provided
- Completion of NSW Health Mandatory Training courses is a mandatory requirement for all NSW Health and NSW Ambulance employees applying for this position.
- Applications must address the targeted questions, attaching any associated documents together with their resume. Candidates who do not address the targeted questions will not proceed through the selection process.
- An eligibility list may be established for future vacancies.
- Please ensure you use your work email address so ROB can identify that you are internal to NSW Ambulance and/or NSW Health.
- It is a requirement that all candidates submit their applications online via ROB.
- No paper based or email applications will be accepted.
NSW Ambulance is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, refugees, people of diverse genders and sexuality, and people with disability.
If you are an Aboriginal person and wish to obtain more information about applying for a role within NSW Ambulance, please contact our Aboriginal Employment Coordinator, Callista Bryan, on 02 9320 7644 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to discuss any accessibility requirements in relation to your application, please contact our Diversity and Culture Advisor, Joe Wasuruj, on 02 9320 7339 or email@example.com
It is the responsibility of all staff to ensure NSW Ambulance is a workplace free from bullying and harassment. All staff must behave in a respectful and acceptable manner. Staff must report and respond appropriately to any instances or perceptions of bullying. Managers are required to implement actions that prevent or minimise the risk of unacceptable behaviours, ensuring bullying, harassment and victimisation are identified as early as possible and responded to and effectively managed.
About Us: http://www.ambulance.nsw.gov.au/about-us.html
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Louise Dubois via 0447 140 178
Applications Close: 25 November 2019